Bugsnag is growing! We are looking to hire an IT Engineer
to join our small, talented team in Bath, UK. This is the first ever dedicated IT Engineer role at Bugsnag, giving you the opportunity to own the management and support of our internal facing systems and hardware. The IT Engineer will join the Infrastructure team; we use our engineering skills and knowledge to build tools and processes to keep Bugsnag online 24/7.About Us
Bugsnag is the trusted software stability "command center" for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs. Founded in 2013 by James Smith and Simon Maynard, Bugsnag is backed by leading investors Matrix Partners, Benchmark Capital, and GV.
- We value ownership, personal development, and transparency. We believe in empowering our employees to take ownership of their work while being 100% transparent through instantaneous feedback.
- The latest tech! We believe in finding the best technology to power our business.
- We're located in Downtown San Francisco and in the city centre in Bath.
- Competitive salary/benefits - lunch on us every day, pension, annual conference attendance, and your choice of Apple hardware.
- We offer all new Bath hires a trip out to San Francisco to meet the team
- Although we are all currently working from home, this role will be on site when we return to the Bath office
- Provide technical support for staff using company equipment and business software applications
- Work with our security team to implement best practice endpoint security controls such as local firewalls and malware detection
- Maintain and support on premise servers, networking equipment, conferencing devices and phones
- Procure and manage repairs of IT equipment. Ensure laptops are built to a documented standard.
- Own the mobile device management solution, ensuring that devices are inventoried and compliant with a documented standard
- Manage licenses for internal software and assist with procurement process
Bonus Points For
- You work well with others and can explain technical problems in simple terms
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- You have hands on experience with installation and configuration of operating systems such as Linux and MacOS
- You have experience working with and configuring computer networks, with an good understanding of network architectures and routing protocols
- You are comfortable working with a ticketing system such as Jira or Zendesk, and operating in a change controlled environment
- You are a self starter with good time management skills and ability to work well with limited supervision
- You are highly organised, process driven and methodical
- Experience with cloud computing providers such as Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services
- Experience with the Google Workspace products and services
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure as code tools
- Experience implementing and configuring Identity Providers such as OneLogin or Okta
- Relevant IT certifications such as CompTIA, CCNA or UNS
At Bugsnag we truly believe that employing individuals with various experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a finer environment for our employees, our products, and our community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.