As a Trainee Software Developer, you will join a team of professionals whose role is to design, develop and test software to enhance the functionality of our business applications, which allow automotive retailers to run their business. The role will allow you to learn how to diagnose and fix software faults while working with a mentor. Future responsibilities will include assisting with the ongoing development of software and coding standards and participating in the quality control activities undertaken in the team, such as test plan creation and code walkthroughs. This is an opportunity to gain experience of commercial applications development in a professional software company.
Successful applicants undergo a series of training projects in the application development environment, after which they work on assignments of increasing complexity, starting with bug fixes and moving on to development of new functionality to designs provided by senior developers. REQUIREMENTS:
Previous programming experience and/or a degree in Computer Science would be an advantage but these are not mandatory as full training will be given. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- A strong ambition to pursue a career in software developmentExcellent analytical skills, good attention to detail and strong problem-solving abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Project-oriented; focused on quality and delivery
- Good team worker and self reliant
- Reliable and organized.
We strive to offer an environment that provides our associates with the right balance between work and family. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance Cover
- Company Sick Pay
- Free Bi-annual Eye Tests and contribution towards glasses
- Birmingham Hospital Saturday Fund - Discounted monthly rates
- Ride2Work - Tax efficient way of purchasing a bike for travelling to work
- Company Events throughout the Year
Are you looking for a rewarding career in a fast-paced environment with an established company? Do you want to work at a company with growth opportunities that will provide you with the training to be successful? If so, Reynolds and Reynolds is the company for you! Reynolds and Reynolds is a leader in high quality software solutions and IT services around the world and we are looking for a person with the potential to grow and continue our legacy of over 150 years of outstanding products and services at our Birmingham office.