This award-winning Leeds-based home decor brand, retailer and manufacturer is looking for a senior merchandiser with a desire to get stuck in and lead our merchandising team. Please read the job description fully before applying
We offer premium lighting, hardware, paint and much more to residential customers and trade across the UK and abroad -- online and in our Victoria Quarter showroom.
You will be part of a fast-growing business of over fifty-five people in our brand new renovated HQ in Hunslet, Leeds. There is some capacity for working from home, however this role would need at least three days a week in the office with the team.
The role is very hands-on, working in a fairly complex business - we manufacture as well as retail, which means the merchandising is not simple. We have limited systems already set up, so this needs someone who is confident in setting things up from scratch. This would suit someone who thrives on a challenge.
You will directly report into the Directors of the business. This is a key role for us, one that is suitable for someone who wants to make a big difference in a company that values work-life balance, whilst being a home for passionate and focused people who want to progress.
The role includes:
- Determining trading strategy and ensuring the business grows with the right volume of stock, bought at the right price and positioned in the right place; ensuring cash flow stays strong and sales continue to rise.
- Leading the day to day operation of the merchandising function (inc. managing two merchandisers, an information manager and a Trade manager and establishing some systems and processes from scratch)
- Maintaining and developing relationships with suppliers, inc. sourcing new ones
- A big focus on nurturing and progressing the team you will manage
- Conducting range reviews, pricing, profit and margin analysis, working with compliance personnel - all across multiple product categories
- Part of the Senior Management Team at Dowsing & Reynolds, who manage the business on a day-to-day basis.
Amongst our company values are honesty, trust and respect. We don't want robots, we want real people. People who will support each other and want to continually improve. Attention to detail is KEY
We don't want generic CVs.
We would like a covering note which is not generic at the top of your CV -- Specifically telling us why you'd want to work at Dowsing & Reynolds and what about this role makes you think it's right for you? Everyone is welcome
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values all forms of diversity. We approach our work positively, learn quickly, improve constantly, and celebrate with each other as much as possible. We want this to be reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion.
Job Type: Full-time (or may suit candidates such as parents who would prefer four days a week)
Salary: Up to £55k, based on experience
References will be required