Our Cloud Solutions team is responsible for providing the technical leadership throughout the sales process. This is a highly dynamic, customer-facing, and hands-on role within the sales and business development group where you'll have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on the overall sales and delivery strategy for Flexera's Cloud optimization solutions.
As a Cloud Solutions Engineer
, you will join Flexera's talented, multicultural EMEA Pre-Sales organisation. You will partner with the account management team with a focus on identifying business value and collaborating on revenue generating strategies and opportunities. As a secondary focus, you will participate on various projects to improve the overall sales process.
Applications from talented and motivated technicians, engineers and consultants with Cloud background and a drive to learn and grow quickly are welcome.Location: Home or Office Based (Maidenhead or Daresbury), UK Main Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Experience & Requirements:
- Partner with sales representatives and services teams to drive revenue for Flexera's software in the UK, and across in our EMEA business
- Working within our Technology Asset Management area, focusing on our Cloud Spend and Management solutions.
- Produce and deliver customer demonstrations, technical presentations and proof of concept activities
- Contribute to RFI/RFP responses owning the technical proposal
- Support business case process workshops to justify the solution value
- Build a solution architecture and assist the sales team create a buying vision
- Provide insight from the field back to product management and engineering
- Other related duties as assigned
You will come from a pre-sales background most likely working for a software vendor, partner or a software division of a large multinational IT company that has adopted insights or value based approach to selling. Your domain expertise will include some or any of the following:
- Public Cloud technology, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud platform, and awareness of SaaS based technologies
- Skills in Data Science, IT Asset Management and knowledge of software licensing are beneficial.
- Strong Communication skills (written and oral) - in person presentation; over the phone - confcall, webinar; technical proposal writing
- Customer focus and insight; dedication to customer success
- Trustworthy, reliable and with a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership
- Team Player - extensive collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Quick learner - keen to adopt and use new technical skills
- Technical influencer - trusted adviser to customers
- Experience working with full application stacks from OS up through custom applications.
- Ability to vet and propose cloud computing architectures and strategies.
- Scripting/Web technologies - API, JSON, BASH, PowerShell
- Data analytics - ability to use and understand data in SQL, SCCM, Oracle DB & Apps, Cloud technologies are useful for some of our supporting product areas
- Extensive background in proof of concept development, delivery, customisation, functional demonstration, and business presentations
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or other IaaS cloud service provider is strongly desired.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines or equivalent experience
- Native English speaker is required
- Additional European language skills desirable (e.g. French, German, Dutch or others)