Python Software EngineerRemote<£50,000
One of the world's leading engineering companies are looking for a creative and data savvy mind to join a team of Engineers working on a series of projects all hosted on a common cloud platform. The software, utilising Python, Django, Machine Learning and Geographical Information Systems, has applications for our future smart cities. You'd be working on ML forecasting tools and image recognition projects. This role could suit a MSc or PhD with a year or two of commercial experience.
A typical week could include:
- Data engineering and design
- Technical software design for bespoke solutions and integration
- Software Architecture
- Supporting delivery and improving software development life cycle and processes.
- Help with DevOps duties managing CI/CD for projects
- Someone with a good working knowledge of Python and best development practices, including API and microservices development
- Experience with test driven development and version control using git
- Experience with data tools like Pandas, Numpy, Scikitlearn, Python
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of building a data pipeline
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platform
- Knowledge of Bitbucket
- A proven track record of delivering high profile, user-oriented solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of Agile practices
- Big data and machine learning
If you're looking for your next challenge with a forward thinking and creative team, get in touch with Beth at Burns Sheehan.