is growing! We're looking for a Senior Android Engineer
to join our open source SDK team. You'll help us develop and maintain our open source Android and Java SDK's that our customers use to capture and report their application crashes and errors. Our stability monitoring dashboard helps many of the industry's leading engineering teams around the world deliver higher quality software to their users. Our team is growing, and we're taking on bold challenges every day! We'd love to see what we can do next with your help.About Us
Bugsnag is the trusted software stability "command center" for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features and when to fix bugs. Founded in 2013 by James Smith and Simon Maynard, Bugsnag is backed by leading investors Matrix Partners, Benchmark Capital, and GV.What You'll Get To Do
Your Background Likely Includes
- Maintain our Android and Java open source libraries and build tools on Github.
- Work across a wide range of other platforms and technologies, including Unity and React Native.
- Design, build and document new features and expand the platforms and frameworks that we support.
- Test and update libraries to work with the evolving software ecosystem, such as logging frameworks, analytics SDKs, and other libraries customers may be using with their Bugsnag integration.
- Troubleshoot issues reported by customers via GitHub and support channels, improving documentation based on common patterns.
- Attend software development conferences to keep up with best practices and new technologies; answer customer questions; and receive product feedback.
Bonus Points For
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a software engineer.
- A solid background in Android development.
- Knowledge/experience of other JVM based environments such as Java EE and/or Spring Framework.
- Enthusiastic team participation with strong communication and ability to multitask.
- A systematic approach to problem solving and an eagerness to learn new skills and embrace new technologies.
- Previous development experience with related technologies such as Kotlin, Gradle, Groovy, React Native or Unity.
- Previous development experience in lower level environments such as JNI, C/C++ or Android NDK.
- Experience with error monitoring or crash detection libraries.
- History of open source contributions or SDK/API maintenance.