About the role:
This a fantastic time to join our business as we move through a period of significant change. To support us on our journey we are looking for an innovative experienced Marketing and Communications professional that will head up the Marketing Team. In addition, you will also play a valuable role as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
As Head of Marketing and Communications, you will set the strategic approach for our Marketing and Communications (internally and externally) in order to drive business aims and objectives. The role blends both digital marketing with traditional offline marketing and you will create innovative and ground-breaking marketing and promotional initiatives across a range of platforms with the aim to drive customer growth and engagement.Your responsibilities will include:
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Produce and deliver a fully costed marketing functional plan that drives company strategies and objectives
- Responsible for identifying target markets in order to grow customer engagement through the creation promotion and initiatives.
- Develop and deliver a pro-active public relations strategy, including tactical activities press and leadership communications that grow brand awareness.
- Manage and promote the corporate brand and proposition internally and externally to increase awareness within the community, retain and attract new customers and drive up memberships
- Ensure that all marketing standards, copywriting and content across the business are maintained through regular auditing and management of action plans
- Measure, analyse and develop campaigns to ensure return on investment and demonstrate business impact
- Maintain and attract additional sponsorship and advertising income whilst pro-actively identifying new income generation streams.
- Carry out market research on customers and competitors, and analyse and forecast demands and trends
- Manage the development and content of the company website, social media channels and company App to implement business strategies that increase visits and online sales
- Responsible for the smooth and effective delivery of both internal and external communications across the business
- Managing the company's online reputation
- Negotiate, purchase and monitor advertising space
So what is it like working for us?
- Experience of successfully delivering marketing plans
- Experience of leading a team with the ability to build a motivational & supportive team working culture
- Analytical skills to assess campaign effectiveness (preferably through Google Analytics)
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Experience in in Adobe Creative Cloud, Word Press and Mail Chimp, as well as holding a CIM qualification or Degree (desirable)
Working for us is more than just a job! We offer job satisfaction, the chance to be part of a fantastic team, and opportunities for advancement for those wishing to progress their career in the leisure industry.What can you expect if you join us?
You will have access to a wide range of benefits including free leisure centre membership to both of our Centres as we understand the importance of maintaining your health and wellbeing.
On a day to day basis you will find yourself working in a friendly environment, surrounded by supportive team members, in order to provide outstanding customer service to our members and customers.
We are committed to creating an environment in which people feel valued and respected; and where honesty, integrity and fairness is centric to all that we say and do.
If you would like to join the team and become part of the Horizon story, this may be the role for you!
Here at Horizon Leisure Centres we pride ourselves in being an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential. We welcome applications from a wide range of candidates.Next Steps
To apply for this position please click the 'Apply for this job' button and complete our application form or email your CV and cover letter to Jbaxter@horizonlc.com.
If an alternative method of application is necessary please speak to a member of the Human Resources Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 18th April.