Group IT Team Lead
My client is the UK's premier logistics provider for finished commercial vehicles and plant machinery, along with an industry leading presence in the car and specialist operations sectors.
As a new cycle of development begins, with the ultimate aim of providing Customers with enhanced access to real-time information, an opportunity has arose for someone to join their Groups IT Function as a Team Lead/Superviser.
This person will be able to evidence a sound performance history of delivering first class levels of service within their modern IT department.
Profiency in 1st line support and new system development is essential along with the ability to critically evaluate software and tech. You will need to be an excellent communicator and lateral thinker.
The role consists of the following:
• Provide a timely and high-quality service desk function including support to remote workers.
• Responsibility for the development and reliable operation of the Group's IT infrastructure.
• Identify, research and resolve technical problems of IT equipment and software applications.
• Quick response to 3rd party/supplier network/system failures.
• Maintain system security, stability and integrity.
• Ensure any new systems or projects are planned and executed efficiently and effectively.
• Evaluate and continually improve the current disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
• To work with the Group Compliance Director on new systems development and projects.
Technical Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
• General knowledge of router configurations, networking and security (DHCP, DNS,VPN)
• Knowledge of windows server 2012 onwards
• Knowledge of virtual servers specifically vcenter
• Working knowledge of windows 8 and 10
• Knowledge of VOIP phone systems
• Microsoft office 2013 onwards, including office 365.
• Knowledge of anti-virus and firewalls
• Project management experience an advantage
• Specific knowledge of cyber security, system architecture and design, cloud based applications, user authentication and management of incidents.
You will be be looking after one other member of staff within the group function.
For more information please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org