Senior Front End Developer
iProov is looking for a Senior Front End Developer to join our growing tech team in London. This is a senior role within the frontend team, with a focus on security and hardening of the frontend clients to defend against tampering and reverse engineering of the frontend codebase and its communications protocol with the backend.
iProov is on a mission to make the internet a safer place for businesses and consumers. Our unique facial biometric technology allows banks, governments, healthcare and travel providers to verify customer identity online and provide simple access to secure services.
In 2020 we were recognised as a Gartner Cool Vendor and as the 5th fastest growing technology company in the UK by Deloitte. We work with fantastic customers across a number of industry sectors - organisations using our technology include the US Department of Homeland Security, the UK Home Office, the NHS, Eurostar, the Singapore government, ING and many more.
The Senior Front End Developer is expected to be remote until summer 2021 and will then be based from our London HQ. The Senior Frontend Software Engineer will report to the Head of Development.Responsibilities as Senior Front End Developer:
Qualifications & Skills of Senior Front End Developer:
- Working with the backend team on an ongoing basis to ensure that communications between the client and server are secure and tamper-proof to the best of our ability.
- Providing domain expertise to ensure iProov's Web SDK is best secured against tampering or manipulation on the client device.
- The ability to roleplay in a "red team" to prototype attack scenarios on client facing parts of the iProov Platform.
- Documenting and mitigating attack scenarios.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in the web platform to identify ways to improve security or exploit vulnerabilities.
- A solid understanding of TLS, certificate pinning, proxies, MITM and encryption.
- The ability to use debugging tools to explore applications as they run.
- Web platform technologies: MediaStream API, Canvas API are essential.
- Focus on well documented experimentation, performance and security analysis, instrumentation and debugging.
- Experience collaborating with distributed teams: we have a flexible, results-oriented working culture and our development and operations team is split between the US, UK and Singapore.
- You behave like an owner and take full responsibility and pride in your work.
- You possess the ability to think laterally and innovatively to advance through any obstacles in your path.
- You have the confidence to state a clearly reasoned and articulated viewpoint.
- You take initiative in your tasks and signal up when a new challenge is needed.
- Eager to ship releases and new features, but also able and willing to debate and put forward improvements to process and how we do things.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available to iProov employees.
iProov is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or veteran status.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92163491