We are supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We are now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible. Becoming A Salesforce Developer within Capita GSD - Home basedAbout Capita GSD
We design innovative technology to drive excellent citizen experiences and create a positive impact in society. Operating like a well-funded start-up, we are a multidisciplinary team of creative people looking for problems to solve in the public sector market. We work hard and have fun, host regular social hours, and promote a relaxed, light-hearted workplace environment.
Driven by Lean Start-up and Agile methodologies, we are nurturing a customer centric culture with a focus on data driven product development. The exposure to the variety of our client work will give you the career-boosting opportunity to both self-sufficiently own an end-to-end project, whilst also developing your credentials as an expert in your field. This fast-paced and diverse nature of our work is perfectly suited to creative self-starters who like to take initiative and ownership to delight our customers.About the role:
A Salesforce Developer is responsible for the technical ownership of product features, working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to deliver features that match requirements outlined by the wider product team.
They will also be capable of delivering efficiencies internally through tooling and process definition, and work within a team of engineers to achieve successful product and feature delivery.Key Accountabilities:
What we are looking for:
- Mentoring team members
- Implementation of product features with supporting documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring product features are thoroughly documented from an engineering perspective.
- Consider release planning and clients in live service when working on features.
- Experience of complex software engineering and development
- Experience leading a on software feature development.
- Experience in delivering software features as part of a multi-disciplinary Agile team.
- Previous experience collaborating with CI / CD.
- Experience with release planning.
- Experience of Azure Devops (desirable)
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce Platform.
- Previous knowledge of creating AppExchange products for Salesforce.
- SFDX (Typescript) plugin / tooling creation (desirable)
What's in it for you?
- Salesforce Apex / Lightning Web Components / Declarative development.
- Experience with HTML, JSON, CSS, SASS
- Accessibility best practices
- Previous experience with ticketing / collaboration software such as JIRA or Azure Devops.
- Previous experience of version control in GIT, with knowledge of implementing and refining Gitflow.
- Knowledge of Agile practices and team collaboration.
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
You will get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You will be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.What we hope you'll do next:
Looking to discover more? choose 'Apply now'
to fill out our short application and send us your CV.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92159380