Meraki Talent are engaged on a permanent Global Project Accountant based in Edinburgh paying up to £40,000 plus a strong benefits package. The Opportunity
Other than home working, this organisation has been completely unaffected by COVID and its BAU. It's a business with a global presence with an extremely ethical purpose and values that is renowned for creating a phenomenal culture & working environment for its employees.
The financial leadership team are extremely talented with the vast majority organically grown & developed creating an environment to flourish for aspiring finance professionals.
Its just completed a wide level strategic review hence the creation of a new Global Project Accountant role to ensure it achieves its strategic goals. The Role
The position of Global Project Accountant requires an individual with strong management accounting experience that is able to business with non-financial stakeholders, with the ability to take ownership of high value and business critical projects globally. Projects experience would be advantageous but not essential.
The role would ideally suit a qualified Accountant, however the business would also consider a finalist. On Offer
The position of Global Project Accountant will offer:
- A base salary of up to £40,000
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible working
- Home working
The role will begin as remote working with all the necessary equipment and training provided for a professional & efficient virtual on-boarding.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to the Project Finance Manager with a dotted line to the Financial Controller & Finance Director
- Business partnering with stakeholder (non-financial) right across the globe
- Ownership of several high value & business critical projects
- Production and presentation of monthly management accounts
- Ability to understand and challenge variances
- KPI and adhoc analysis & reporting
- Budget setting and monitoring
- Assisting with forecasting
- Overseeing month-end: accruals, prepayments, journals etc.
- Assisting with annual audit and statutory accounts preparation
- Developing processes, procedures, controls & systems
- Adhoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant, however finalist will also be considered
- Strong management accounting experience
- Projects experience would be advantageous
- Ability to engaged and interact with non-financial stakeholders
- Excellent communication experience
Please do not hesitate to reach out to John Gilbertson for a private & confidential discussion regarding this exceptional opportunity.