Altus Partners have partnered with a growing Private Equity firm that is looking top bring on a Head of Finance to oversee the finance function as the business goes through a period of significant growth. The business is a growing Private Equity firm that focusses on investing into Europe and the US and is expecting to double its AUM over the next 5 years. The business is going through an exciting phase as they are expanding globally as well as growing their team in the UK. This position will hold pivotal responsibilities as it will be working with the London management.
The business is looking to bring on a Head of Finance to work directly with the CFO and lead the finance and operations responsibilities across both the funds and the management entity. The role will be the main point of contact through the business for all finance and operations. The business is going through a significant growth phase and this allows the person to take full responsibility for the function. The successful candidate will need to be a strong communicator and have a strong understanding of Private Equity fund structures.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the investment vehicles and management companies, working closely with the senior management execute strategy.
- Managing all third-party service providers and serving as the primary point of contact.
- Performing a regular review of the service providers covering: quality of work, costs, scope of activities performed and investigating alternative providers where appropriate.
- Management of the annual audit process for each entity, oversight of the audit relationship,
- Working with service providers to structure new investment vehicles, ensuring that they will be suitable for the investment strategy and compliant and tax efficient.
- Management of all company accounts across the Group, assisting in setting up a Group level budget and monitoring performance against the budget.
- SPV management to ensure cash allocation for the entities is sufficient including budgeting for all funds and future expenses, ensuring cash requirements are sufficient.
- Overseeing the finances of investment vehicles e.g. NAV oversight, cash management, invoice approval, budgeting and the audit processes.
- Reviewing all drawdown and distribution calculations and notices prepared by the administrators
- Attend relevant investment vehicle and management company board and committee meetings.
- Reviewing tax structures for both funds and management company and liaising with tax advisors to ensure efficiencies are gained as well as review and monitoring of routine tax compliance work.
- Working with the outsourced compliance company to ensure on-going compliance is maintained with all applicable regulators e.g. FCA, GFSC, CSSF.
- Reviewing and implementing all internal compliance policies and monitoring their applicability on a periodic basis.
- Oversight of HR responsibilities
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent
- Experience in private equity finance and operations
- 6 - 10 years financial services experience
- Experience in new fund structuring
- Experience of service provider selection
- Experience with legal and compliance oversight
- Experience with investor interactions
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- An in-depth knowledge of finance, fund structures, products and instruments.