An OFSTED rated "Outstanding" special school based in Swiss Cottage are currently looking for an excellent SEN Teacher to join their ranks for a maternity cover position for 1 year.
Classroom Teacher - 1 year Maternity Cover
Start Date: September 2021 with induction dates at the end of July
We are recruiting four teachers for one-year maternity cover classroom teaching roles. At the end of the 2022 academic year there may also be opportunities to progress to a full contract due to our school's growing provision.
They are a school that is focused on your wellbeing and workload balance so that you can thrive in your role with the support of our wonderful school community.
What can we offer you as a teacher?
• A school which values you as a professional and commits to your wellbeing
• Daily time with the teaching assistants, peers, and external therapists for planning, reflection, training, and professional discussions (everyday 8:30-9:15 in addition to your PPA time)
• Clear formative assessment system using a tech innovation which directly links to all moderation, annual review, and summative assessment systems
• Allocated Teacher Mentor to support your reflections, pedagogical approaches, leadership of TAs, and assessment
• Allocated Leadership Mentor to support induction
• Opportunities to stay in our school community after the maternity cover year
We have 260 amazing pupils aged 2 to 19 identified with complex needs. Our pupils have layered needs, including Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties, Moderate Learning Difficulties, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Communication Disorders, Social, Emotional, Mental Health Priorities, Genetic Disorders, and/or Multi-Sensory Priorities.
• Reflecting the values of our school: positive attitude, respect, and integrity
• Passion for creating positive climates for learning
• Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through experience in the classroom
• Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through completion of relevant courses and training, demonstrating a commitment to continued professional development and learning (CPDL)
• Qualified Teacher Status
If you are interested in this role please don't heistate to apply ith an up to date CV or email it to om for consideration.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.