SEMH Teaching Assistant
The SEN Specialist team for Teaching Personnel in Brighton are recruiting SEMH Teaching Assistants with experience supporting children with challenging behaviour to across our schools in the West Sussex area. Positions supporting in primary and secondary settings are available.
SEMH Teaching Assistant responsibilities:
• To support children who have been excluded from mainstream schools
• To assist the class teacher
• Small group work
• Help support children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues
• Implement individual learning plans for SEN students
• Utilse a holistic approach to de-esculation
The ideal SEMH Teaching Assistant will have experience in working with children with challenging behaviour and may have specialist SEMH qualifications. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start or continue their career in a rewarding new role.
How Teaching Personnel can benefit you:
• Pay - Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
• myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
• A dedicated personal consultant who will support you through your registration and work journey!
• Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
• Pay via PAYE - allowing you to take home as much of your pay as possible while also giving you access to an employee pension that TP will contribute into
You must have your own transport and be available 8:30 to 3:30 Monday to Friday If this SEN Teaching Assistant role is of interest to you, please contact Harry - Brighton's SEN Recruitment Consultant -
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.