Data Quality Analyst - 12 month FTC
Lloyd's is the world's leading insurance and reinsurance marketplace. Yet the world is changing, and Lloyd's is changing too - nimbler, faster, and able to offer customers and employees more products, services and insights supported by technology, innovation and the continuing desire to protect people, businesses and communities. Lloyd's is where you can bring your future to life.
This role within Lloyd's has an integral part to play in the achievement of Lloyd's strategy and will contribute overtly to:
Lloyd's becoming a brand that is globally admired and recognised and respected for its reputation as the world's specialist centre for (re)insurance. Lloyd's will be known around the world for its integrity and will be a place where talented, diverse and socially responsible employees feel proud to work. This role will practice and promote the principles of inclusiveness and respect the value of diversity.
Data is one of the strategic forces underpinning Lloyd's strategy. Data driven insights are a competitive advantage for Lloyd's and an essential part of the value proposition for market participants. Creating these insights requires a capability to source, organise and present data to experts and users in a way that resonates with their business strategy. Being able to do this is pivotal to Lloyd's in facilitating the reduction of operating costs and to protect and grow the Lloyd's market globally.
The Data Services Management & Operations team for the Data Lab will be key to achieving the vision and supporting the operational integration of:
Data orientated Shared Services to focus on operational and transaction based activities including market data collection, aggregation, analytics and Business Intelligence and Management Information reporting and integrate related 'shadow' activities across the organisation Key data focused services regarding Core Market Returns, Lloyd's Statistics, TOM and a range of MA and Broker data services The structure to provide support in the area of Run interfacing with the nascent COM structure In support of Protect, Promote and Provide, the Data Lab will deliver improved operating effectiveness in market facing areas including expediting data related service provision Achieving cost efficiencies in improved efficiency through automation, improved procurement of data (removal of duplication and/or unnecessary procurement) and consideration of outsourcing opportunities Prioritise the development of capabilities in data aggregation, data analytics and use of existing and state-of-the-art technologies in support of improved Customer/Market Product/Service Management
Responsible for creating, running and supporting initiatives that ensure data quality and integrity across the corporation, the Market and other 3rd party data sets, whilst adhering to and enforcing Data Quality and Regulatory standards (e.g. Solvency II, EUGDPR) and other Lloyd's Data Quality standards.
- Assist in initiatives to improve levels of data quality and integrity throughout the organisation, working closely with the Data Quality Manager
- Follow data quality framework and processes to ensure the accuracy of data and recording of data quality checks
- Maintain data quality reporting across the corporation and market to monitor performance and identify data quality issues and opportunities for enhancement
- Work to all Quality Assurance processes within the team in order to minimise potential for errors
- To contribute with the implementation of new technologies and strategies that will support the organisation to achieve its longer-term ambitions
- Develop strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders to ensure data quality is central to their processes and a key consideration in their decision making
- Continuous improvement of data quality checks to establish and develop robust checking and validation
- Increase the awareness and promote data quality across the corporation and market.
- Analytical and communication skills - ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Problem solving
- Effective management of stakeholder relationships across the Corporation
- Ability to translate technical terminology for non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking and thought leadership
- Strong attention to detail, data interrogation skills and thoroughness in approach
- Knowledge in foundational information management arenas, such as Master Data Management, Data Governance, Data Architecture, and Data Integration
- Familiarity with data loading and ETL Concepts and Big Data tools
- Bulk data manipulation and import procedures
Knowledge of data relating to the Insurance industry
- Demonstrable experience in database data management role
- Experience of analysing and translating functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications
- Experience of developing, testing, and implementing program logic
- Experience of translating business needs into end user applications
- Ability to solve complex problems related to visualising data sets, and processing large sets of data
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, and an enviable range of benefits.
Realise your professional ambitions as part of an organisation that is trusted to solve some of the world's most complex problems in an environment that puts a focus on investing in human progress.
Please be aware that the recruitment process will comprise of a number of steps, your CV will be reviewed by our Recruitment team and if successful you will be invited to attend a telephone interview, followed by a more in-depth video interview. We want to make sure we do all we can to make this a really positive experience for you.
Please click the following link which will take you through a simple process to identify any adjustments or additional support we can provide beforehand or on the day.
Please note, clicking on this link does not register your application for the vacancy, you will need to click on the "apply" button on the top right hand side of the advert to complete your application form.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92121676