Enderby/YorkshireWho we are
As one of the UK's most profitable retailers, with one of the most-visited retail websites in Europe, scale is inherent in everything we do. We have the infrastructure, expertise and technology to provide innovative solutions to businesses and brands, so they can deliver a best-in-class service to their customers.
For this change to take place, we need even more talented individuals with the vision and desire to redefine and reinvent retail solutions. So, we're investing significantly in our IT team - providing the environment and technology for everyone to really excel.
This is a revolutionary moment. An opportunity to transform the online retail landscape. It could be a revolutionary moment in your career too. Together, let's redefine online retail.What you will get
Along with a satisfying career - we'll recognise and reward you with a range of generous benefits.
- Profit-related bonus
- 25% staff discount on most Next products - either in our stores or delivered direct to your desk
- Staff shop
- Juice bar and coffee shop
- Free parking on site, including car sharing
- Free Company bus service to and from Leicester city centre and other areas
- A newly refurbished subsidised restaurant and bar
- Sharesave Scheme, which allows you to invest in Next and claim your share of our success
- Contributions into a pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- On-site Nursery (salary sacrifice scheme) in Leicester
- As a NEXT employee, you will also have access to many more national and local discounts on goods and services
- Car or car allowance
- Relocation packages
- A digital GP healthcare service
The benefits listed are dependent on the position and location.About the Departments
We have a number of departments in IT who look for the Lead Developer skillsetAbout the Role
As a highly skilled Lead developer you will be leading and mentor junior developers to ensure quality and technical approach taken by team members, meets the company strategy.
Working across our UK and international eCommerce platforms, you'll help develop and support systems that handle millions of pounds worth of transactions every day. This will involve everything from developing cutting-edge technology features and practices, to playing a major role in the analysis, design, and development of various high profile projects.
Working in a truly Agile way, you will get to see your work live from day 1 and will get involved with lots of big changes focussing on overhauling the entire website and deploying containerised Microservices apps into the Cloud.
You'll help provide development support to internal users, as well as offering out-of-hours cover during seasonal events and busy trading periods. You'll also use your expertise and experience to help us continually improve our processes and working practices, actively enabling the department to become as efficient and effective as it can be.
You'll be required to understand and interpret technical specifications, and turn them into working code, using a mix of technologies. Acting as a technical expert within the business, you'll be involved in the mentoring and support of other developers within the team. You'll also ensure that all development and code follows best practice and meets the relevant industry standards.
Manage code merges from the team of developers into the main code trunk ensuring quality and supporting the dev ops and test teams where required. Managing sprint planning and retrospective sessions, you'll communicate technical and non-technical information across the business, as well as offering out-of-hours support during key periods. You'll also work closely with other departments, negotiating effectively to ensure projects are being driven forward and are meeting business needs.
There are flexible working options available with this role, including home workingCriteria
- Good knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- Good experience with modern frameworks such as Vue.js, React.js, Angular
- Good communication skills
- Experience in mentor junior developers on development methodologies and optimisation techniques
- Agile Processes
- Experienced developer who can write effective and efficient code
- Experienced working to the Agile and Scrum framework
- Passionate for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop innovative new ideas
- A team player who thrives in a fast paced, busy and challenging environment
- Well-balanced analytical skills, able to confidently present technical information in a structured and logical manner
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91852548