We're transforming the way we deliver the best experience for our members, our colleagues, our communities and the society we share. At YBS we have the determination, drive and investment to accelerate the way we deliver our digital journey and continue to provide real help with real life. Now we need the best technology talent to change our technology. For good.
As a Front End Developer, you'll be part of the team that is contributing to the Group's omni-channel development and content management strategy. You'll be passionate about designing and coding the most user friendly and accessible front-end experiences for our members. Working to state-of-the-art engineering standards and practices, you'll embrace modern technologies to create everything from new sites to information architecture models and banners, icons and many other design elements. All designed to match customer journeys and drive agreed digital outcomes.
Join us, and you'll work alongside people who can apply their tech knowledge to help others overcome real world challenges. You'll be with people who see opportunity and know they have the freedom to make change happen. People who put their heart and soul into work that makes a real difference. People whose ambition for the future matches our progression as a leader in mortgages and savings. People who constantly reach for better every day. People who have the freedom to work in the way that suits them best in a business that respects the flexibility needed to deliver excellence.
And people who can share the journey. Knowing that true strength comes from people who care. People who can harness the positive power of technology.What you'll do
- Create new projects, sites, templates, and assets in line with brand guidelines, business requirements and state-of-the-art technology best practice
- Provide user training to colleagues and business contributors to support the use of developments produced.
- Liaise with business users to identify, specify and document development requirements. Recommend solutions that meet customer needs, ensuring business users understand all aspects of the proposed solutions.
- Support in the development and execution of user-research, creating prototypes, analysing & reporting findings.
- Design and code innovative & engaging digital experiences to support corporate sales targets, marketing campaigns and other business requirements, from taking an initial brief through to final implementation of the site.
- Provide support & technical expertise to other colleagues managing these technologies.
- Ensure all code meets modern, industry-accepted engineering standards, is clean, well structured, semantically correct, and SEO friendly.
- Own quality of deliverables, performing unit/integration/end-to-end testing to ensure any solutions developed conform to definitions of done and high standards of quality. Resolve any conflicts and errors that occur.
- Create banners, icons, and other design elements, in line with our brand guidelines, to support and improve Group websites and comply with regulatory & legal requirements.
- Challenge, where appropriate, existing processes and ways of working to improve team efficiency and to increase productivity.
In-depth understanding of the digital user interface; and information architecture, interaction design, functionality and usability, including user research and user testing, is a bonus.
Demonstrating expert knowledge of web standards and web accessibility requirements, e.g. W3C recommendations, you'll possess excellent analytical and reasoning skills with strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
You can work autonomously to make key operational and implementation decisions that contribute to our digital transformation and member satisfaction.
Experience working in financial services, or other regulated environments, is desirable. You'll also have experience of managing a set of internal and external stakeholder relationships.Life at YBS
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you...Flexibility -
We offer a range of flexible working options to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Whether it's finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we'll help work to work for you.Celebrating Success -
From everyday thank you cards, to our annual 'Raising the Roof' gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners, we acknowledge our colleagues successes - no matter how big or small.Giving Back -
Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering!Inclusivity -
We don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, support it, promote it and thrive on it, for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.Site Perks -
Some of our sites have added little extras such as a gym, restaurant and free parking at our Bradford site, roof garden in Leeds, and on-site restaurant and free parking at our Peterborough site.So....
If you've got a passion for creating user experiences that contribute to the way our members interact with us and you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting building society that benefits society, talk to us. You'll find a role that's big on challenge, in a business that's small enough to make a real difference.
We'd love to hear from you so why not apply today?
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92327030