Technical Application Architect
Our York based client are currently searching for an Application Architect to join their business on a permanent basis ahead of a large period of IT change and transformation.
The purpose of this Technical Architect role is to have responsibility across all the in-house technical systems within the UK Business Unit and be involved in helping to set the technical standards across the UK technical landscape, including delivering the patterns and the technical direction.
You will also be expected to take on challenging projects, often spanning more than one application and/or technology and be very delivery focused.Key Responsibilities:
- Interact with a range of people, from highly technical software developers to Senior Executive stakeholders. This means the ability to change style/approach is essential. Identifying what a particular stakeholder needs to know or is concerned about is critical to ensuring that projects address the major stakeholder concerns on an on-going basis.
- Technical, architectural, functional and impact and risk elements of the design need to be conveyed to technical and non-technical members. Presenting options, risks, recommendations in a language and a way that shows understanding and technical leadership is essential.
- Interact with business areas and be comfortable acquiring and using business domain language and knowledge to convey concepts and recommendations.
- Lead and assist technical teams in delivering the Solution. From understanding testing requirements to being involved with the development of solution using a variety of technologies such as Java (and/or Microsoft .NET) the Technical Architect is required to set the technical direction whilst also understanding the delivery mechanism of the agile team
- Be able to engage and operate across a broad range of technologies including the MS Azure stack, relational database systems (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server), integration platforms, application containers, web servers and basic infrastructure such as networking (firewalls, protocols).
- Experience of delivering insurance focused business application and solutions. This can include (but not limited to) CRM, Policy administration, API's, Rating and decision engines, Billing. intermediary platforms etc
- Understanding of Architectural Process; the function of an Architecture Review Board, how to demonstrate architecture principle alignment, implementation governance.
- Experience of API design and integration leadership, management and service based architectures (SOA, Micro services, ESBs)
- Demonstrable knowledge and preferably certified in the Microsoft Azure stack, including serverless technology, containerisation, PAAS and Kubernetes.
- Experience of hands on software development (Microsoft .NET and/or Java with SQL)
- Experience of the MS Azure Stack and associated technologies
- Experience of the Microsoft database technology stack (SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS)
- Knowledge of ETL technologies (Alteryx, SnapLogic, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET and associated technology stacks
- An appreciation of Agile and DevOps best practices
- Data Modelling; conceptual, logical and physical schema separation
- Experience implementing Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in solutions would be a bonus
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92328426