DEPARTMENT: Proactive Services JOB TITLE: SQL Server Database AdministratorREPORTING TO: Proactive Services Manager
- Maintenance, support and administration of production MS SQL database servers.
- Monitoring and improving system performance to ensure availability and performance of databases and associated applications and interfaces
- Modification and manipulation of large volume Live transactional data for company and customer use within databases.
- Provide database design and solution support to the development team.
- Implementation and release of database changes.
- Ensuring that the database servers continue to operate under PCI-DSS requirements.
Essential Skills / Attributes Required
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a SQL centric role (any versions from 2008 onwards).
- Experience of working on large volume Live production systems.
- In depth SQL Server skills including:
- performance tuning,
- high availability,
- database configuration and management,
- applying database security practices.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues & customers.Strong analytical thinking.Well-presented and articulate in talking to customers.Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.Works well under pressure.Works well with developers to resolve issues.Provides reasoned advice to colleagues on database development and supportInnovative in developing database support functions. Additional Skills preferred.
- Experience using SQL Server Availability Groups or Database Mirroring.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Networking and Windows Server (especially Clustering).
- Experience using SSAS / SSRS / SSIS.
- Experience using T-SQL skills including query optimisation.
- Experience using writing PowerShell scripts.
- Experience using administering a Data Warehouse.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92328221