A government regulatory organisation in the energy industry are looking to hire a Data Engineer to work in their data warehousing team on a large multi year digital transformation to provide services for both the internal organisation and external industry users.
Digital Transformation: working to transform the collection, storage, analysis and publication of data.
This position will sit in a technology team alongside other data engineers, testers and business analysts and reports to the Head of Digital Services.
Key experience required:
- Experience working in a data engineer capacity within data warehousing
- Working knowledge of dimensional modelling and ETL techniques, particularly Kimball
- Strong DDL/DML/TCL SQL
- Strong SSIS
- Strong working knowledge of relational database structures & modelling
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology
- Domain knowledge of oil and gas technical data and associated data modelling standards
- Cloud environments and related tools (MS Azure, AWS, etc)
- Machine learning
- Big Data
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to convey data modelling concepts to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of XML databases and Oracle RDBMS
- Knowledge of spatial data (ESRI)
- Knowledge of PowerBI environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication; able to effectively communicate complex technical terms with non-technical colleagues
- Someone who embraces and encourages innovation and change
- A good team player
- Time management and organisational skills
- Able to work well under pressure, prioritise work and meet deadlines
Please reach out for a full specification and further details.
Currently this position is remote. When things return to normal, the selected candidate may be expected to go into the office 2 days a week.
This organisation has an office in London and Aberdeen. Either location is okay.
Trading as TEKsystems. Allegis Group Limited, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. 2876353. Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92327954