Location - Remote / home based / London
Salary £60 - £70k plus benefitsCloud Engineer
( AWS ) is required on a permanent basis, by our London based client. The primary focus of the Cloud Engineer will be the support of new & existing technologies deployed in the AWS cloud. The current team also support Development teams with new and exciting Business projects , these currently include automation of the AWS estate , in which the Cloud Engineer will play a significant part.
IT is likely that the successful applicant will have spent a minimum of 3 years working with Cloud technology and who knows how to trouble shoot and debug production issues when they occur. This will probably involve knowledge of networking concepts and experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
Key technical experience that would be of interest :
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with Cloud technologies, preferably AWS. This may include the design of VPCs, networking, RDS, API gateways, EKS, ECS, etc.
- Experienced with Infrastructure as Code tools with AWS, such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Experienced in working within an Agile, DevOps and Cloud environment, with a focus on secure, availability, reliability and automation
- Exposure and understanding of CI/CD pipelines and how these feed into a micro services architecture
- Strong understanding and experience of managing networking concepts, protocols and security (ie. TCP/IP, HTTP, Load-balancers, proxies, TLS etc)
- Knowledge of database administration and support (Oracle, MySQL) is a benefit.
- Exposure or understanding of containerisation platforms like Kubernetes, Docker, EKS.
- Proficient in administrating and providing support for both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Proficient in in at least one scripting language such as Power Shell, Bash, Python, or similar
This role is largely based remotely, but there will be a requirement to attend the offices in London on an ad hoc basis, so applicants must be prepared to do this as and when required.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be a 'big cog' in the wheel , as there is plenty of opportunity to help shape the technical future of the organisation and to make a difference.
Please send a full CV to Sue Knight stating salary expectations and availability.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92329513