Seeking a Technical Architect with a Networking and connectivity background to help a large company as the move from MPLS to SDWAN with general responsibilities across WAN, LAN and Wifi including remote access and Edge Security (Checkpoint / Palo Alto). This would suit someone with a background working with large Multi-site organisations either from an end user or SI / Solution provider background.
Salary - 60 - 65K
Primary Bens - 10% Bonus / to 10% Pension
Location - Peterborough based (50% WFH)
Keywords: Network Architect, Technical Architect, Solutions Architect, Connectivity Architect, WAN, LAN, WIFI, MPLS, SDWAN
- Solid experience in an architect role
- Creating and improving the overall design across WAN, LAN, WiFi and Telephony
- Architecture experience of SD-WAN and SASE solutions
- Demonstratable experience architecting solutions with Microsoft Azure
- Experience in transformation from WAN architecture to SD-WAN and/or SASE framework
- Experience in hybrid-WAN, public and private cloud network architecture and creating secure, scalable and resilient interconnectivity for a global Enterprise
- Architecture experience of edge security, firewalls (checkpoint, Palo Alto), network segregation, load balancers.
- Experience in developing infrastructure solutions with a focus on security requirements
Alongside a wider infrastructure architecture team of 6 you would take responsibility for
- Produce platform design solutions for existing and/or new infrastructure platforms including high-level and low-level designs
- Provide technical expertise, direction, and assistance to Engineering and Project Delivery teams
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for reference architecture.
- Ensure that proposed and existing architectures are aligned with organisational goals and objectives.
- Present technical solutions and providing supporting collateral
- Conduct research on emerging technologies recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, security and systems flexibility.
You will take specific responsibility for
- Development and refinement of the network architecture roadmap for: local connectivity (Wired / Wireless), DataCentre and Cloud
- Design Authority for network topology building blocks and their continual evolution
Interested? Please send your cv for a swift reponse
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92327039