Power BI Developer required for a 6 month initial contract based in in South Essex. Your new company:
A large and dynamic government/public sector organisation Your new role:
What you'll need to succeed:
- Work alongside the existing Data Warehouse and Reporting Solutions team to support creation of core Business Intelligence Solutions from Cloud and On Prem Data Warehouses to be used by Power BI Service.
- Support data model creation, testing, documentation and scheduled refreshes of data flows based upon customer requirements that are efficient and flexible in their usage and communicating functional and technical issues.
- Designing and creating report templates for distribution and establishing role level security methodologies for governance and managed content control of sensitive data.
- To specify and develop solutions that will automate, schedule and improve upon current processes within the Healthcare Analytics team.
- To ensure thorough documentation and change control processes are in place, accessible and maintained for all department processes and developments.
- Documentation of data dictionary and making sure to keep up to date with any developments. Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements
- Sound understanding of BI Best Practices/Methodologies, relational structures, structured query language (SQL) skills, data warehouse and reporting techniques.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL and Business Objects/Power BI development.
- Ability to collaborate in a team with BI report development and business analyst resources, and clearly communicate
What you'll get in return:
- Hands on experience in relational and multi-dimensional data modelling, including multiple source systems from databases and flat files, and the use of standard data modelling tools.
- Power BI experience with emphasis on creation of data models and data flows with implementation of row level and role level security to uphold governance on sensitive information.
- Establishment and understanding of Power BI data flows and data shaping with experience of transforming data with power query and use of M to clean and investigate the data for errors or loss of data.
- Experience of creating measures using DAX and visuals as well as the use of bookmarks and buttons to produce interactive and highly analytical reports to give insights to users.
An excellent opportunity to join a team on an exciting project within a large Government organisation for a 6 month initial term with a potential of further extensions.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92328367