This well-known global software house are in search of a well versed and senior level DevOps Engineer or SRE who is extremely client-facing. This award-winning business produces exclusive software that correlates real-time data in a searchable repository from which it can generate graphs, reports and dashboards used for application management, security and compliance and web analytics.
Working with some of the worlds leading organisations, the DevOps Consultant will be 100% remote for the foreseeable future but with the necessity to travel to client site (only in the UK) on occasion to help customers with product implementations. It's not likely that the DevOps Consultant will be required to travel to the company HQ/other offices at all (or very rarely)The DevOps Consultant will be required to possess the following skills/experience:
- Someone with a "consultative head" - not necessarily from a Consultancy as such, but MUST have the skills to go into clients and advise at a highly technical level but also with non-technical personnel.
- This hire will drive use cases, advise on cloud adoption, application performance management, Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code, Data Analytics
- Be key in enticing customer renewals in cloud adoption through excellent product and overall in-depth industry knowledge.
- Ability to be able to code in a lanaguage such as Nde.js, Python, Java, Golang
More . . .
- The mantra within the business is "cloud first" with their client base currently circa 60% cloud (predominantly GCP/AWS) vs 40% on-prem and moving towards SAAS based model where they will all eventually be 100% cloud
- Looking at 40 - 45% growth over the next year to eighteen months
- Covid: 99% of delivery has been remote and won't change until the pandemic subsides significantly
- Most engagements will be greenfield, with the bulk of them would being predominantly solo engagements, being part of a wider project (i.e could be component of wider programme)
- The successful candidate would not be joining a "finished article" and must be happy to be in it from the beginning at ground level and be a contributor to direction of product and strategy area.
- Salary: £90,000 - £110,000 (this will depend on experience)
- Performance based Bonus @ between 15%-20%
- Car allowance of £6,000 p/a
- Contributory pension (6% employer/2% employee)
- Private health-care through Bupa.
- Share award scheme on hiring in the region of £100,000 worth of shares.
- Further Merit based share awards discretionary at annual review.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92322012