Senior Automation Test Engineer - Cypress / Protractor / Maidenhead / £60k - £70k
A Global Software Technology company based in Reading are looking to add multiple Senior Automation Test Engineers to their existing QA team.
- Responsible for writing, maintaining and extending test automation framework and scripts. Primarily in CypressIO.
- Pro-actively participate in developing test automation strategies and implementing across the team.
- Promote excellence and continual improvement across the QA team.
- Willing to lead and mentor junior tests in automation and manual testing.
- Delivering against testing plans, liaising with customer service/support and development functions. Taking an active involvement in the quality of the delivered product.
- Writing and executing functional and non-functional test against deliverable products (automated and manual). Covering aspects of testing such as stress testing, performance testing, volume testing.
- Actively willing to take ownership of feature test activities, from designing, test analysis, executing, raising and tracking defect, test estimation.
Technologies - CypressIO, Appium, C# and .Net, Azure Devops (VSTS), Azue, AWS, Jira, Microsoft SQL Server, Git
Essential Skills and Personal Attributes
- Proactive and highly knowledgeable QA/Test engineer, willing to contribute to improving quality of testing across various teams, driving best practices in manual and automation tests.
- Test automation experience specifically against Web applications. 4+ years of hands on experience is required. Experience of mobile automation tools is desirable. i.e. Appium
- Knowledge and experience of building and maintaining test frameworks or automation libraries essential. Ideally in listed Automation technologies.
- Practical experience working in teams which have adopted any of the following; Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Test Drive Development (TDD) or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) is required.
- Leading and mentor teammates is desirable.
- Experience of working in Agile based SCRUM teams desirable.
- Experience of working in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) environment is desirable.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92323268