About the role:
Technical Authors produce, communicate and promote the documentation for our products and services to our customer base. The role requires you to translate technical product documentation into user guides, online/offline help and videos using clear, concise language. Your analytical skills will enable you to investigate new ways of translating and communicating the complexities of payroll and HR legislation for our desktop and cloud solutions using industry best practice.
You will be an integral member of the Product team communicating new product releases to internal and external stakeholders. You will also liaise with other areas of the business to gather documentation requirements and feedback from internal staff and customers.
The Technical Author role requires excellent writing skills, ability to communicate and work collaborately with internal stakeholders and our customers. You will plan your own workload and manage your time to ensure the deadlines are met.
- Create and deliver product release training
- Provide Help and documentation for all projects and software releases, using authoring tools and media provided
- Plan and organise own workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Foster documentation standards and approach as well as contributing to technical authoring standards across the IRIS HCM Division
- Attend briefing meetings to gain more detailed understanding, where appropriate
- Liaise with product / legislation experts and Support / Sales / Marketing / Professional Services to ensure the documentation produced is aimed at the correct audience
- Research, gather and analyse product information and translate into a format suitable for our customers
- Assist with training, sales and other customer facing artefacts as required
- Create and own documentation processes
- Become a point of contact for documentation requests and queries
This position will also suit someone with the following competencies:
- Discussing authoring requirements with colleagues and the related technology
- Determining the organisation and presentation of the documentation
- Creating illustrations and examples as required
- Creating clear and concise documentation that can be easily understood by the target audience
- Editing and proofreading documentation, including from other departments
- Testing user documentation with internal stakeholders and our customers
Why you should apply...
We believe in creating a culture of engagement and reward to develop employee potential and offer long-term career success. To help with that, we offer the following:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday allowance
- Private medical healthcare
- Life assurance
- Additional benefits, such as Bike to Work and discount schemes
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92045212