As our agency continues to grow we are expanding our creative team. We're looking to expand our creative capabilities with a Creative who loves generating ideas in a multitude of formats to help brands and businesses make a difference in the world. If this sounds like it could be you, then keep reading.
While you might not have had professional experience in the purpose space already, we'd love to see evidence of passion for positive change in some form. A real belief that brands need to be more purposeful and progressive to solve some of the world's biggest challenges, along with being able to independently and collaboratively answer briefs clearly and articulately, is what we are looking for.
As a middleweight member of the Creative team, you'll own as well as contribute to projects. Sometimes you'll lead the creative concept, other times you'll support members of the team with copywriting or activation ideas. Much of our work seeks to change the behaviour of people, so an understanding of behaviour change theory and how to apply it would be a big plus too.
• You'll be coming up with ideas big and small - all with an element of purpose and positive change at their heart. This could be creating content ideas for an internal campaign on one day, and contributing ideas for the next public behaviour change campaign brief we are working on the next
• You'll support the agency's with new business efforts - contributing ideas and energy to pitches and proposals. And sometimes in a leading role
• You'll be able to write great copy - channelling a client's tone of voice into an arresting narrative or attention grabbing headline. The ability to craft on-concept messaging frameworks sometimes too
• You'll be able to think across various formats and types of execution - one day you might be working on articulating a strategic idea in a compelling way, another you might be devising a video concept and script
• You'll be working across all of our clients, from luxury fashion to utilities, so you'll need to wear 'many hats' when it comes to your thinking and how you answer briefs
• You'll get to collaborate with our brilliant design team - so giving clear, concept-first feedback is an important part of the role
• You have around 5 years experience - agency exposure would be ideal, as being able to juggle multiple projects and answer briefs for a range of clients is fundamental to this role
• You love working both independently and collaboratively with clients and colleagues - co-creation is how we work, but we also believe it's important to make time for individual thinking
• You are comfortable working at speed and to, sometimes tight, deadlines
• You can clearly present your ideas - verbally and in writing - showing how your thinking ladders up to effectively answering purpose-led briefs
• You are commercially savvy, or willing to learn how to be. Everyone at a small, independent business like Given understands how their work contributes to the business as a whole
• You believe in making purposeful work that can have a real positive impact in the world
We're Given - the brand purpose agency. Founded in 2009 to help brands and business become a force for good, we've shaped sustainability strategies, dreamt up integrated creative campaigns and built impactful brands - all with a laser focus on creating positive change in the world. Our work has helped national and international brands like Ikea, John Lewis & Partners, Nationwide, Shelter, Aviva, Trainline, Yorkshire Water, Napapijri, Tommy Hilfiger, and many others, define and execute on their brand purpose - inside and outside their businesses. We fundamentally believe it takes both insightful strategy and smart creativity to change things for good, so we have both under the same East London roof.
For our people
• Company bonus scheme
• Pension Scheme with Aviva - auto enrollment after 3 months of employment
• Health plan
• 25 days annual leave
• Extra day annual leave per annum after 5 years' service
• Birthday day off and a birthday meal out (to the value of £100)
• £100 working from home allowance to help your home office set up
• Interest free season ticket loan and Bike to Work scheme
• Option and role dependent mobile phone for business and personal use (UK domestic calls only)
• Breakfast food provided when in the office
Given strives to be an equal opportunities employer and everyone's commitment to this process will be expected.