A bit about you...
This role is for will support the development of our next generation HR/payroll solutions as part of our HCM portfolio. Create new web based modules and web services and as necessary assist with the support, enhancement and development of existing applications within the development department.Key Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of Senior Developers and/or Payroll Development Manager this role will
- Work with other members of the development department to interpret and develop functionality from technical specifications, business requirements and design documents
- Develop the full stack aspects of an application from database structure and access, through to business layer logic and onto the UI
- Liaise with other members of Payroll team to produce specifications and design documents based on specific business requirements
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects (bugs) and react to problems correcting program as necessary
- When required establish a detailed specification through discussion with clients
- Devise possible solutions to predicted problems evaluating other options
- Once program developed perform initial bug fixing and enhancements during testing phase and liaise with the support team to provide on-going support and bug fixing once the functionality is 'live'
- When necessary provide direct client support either by phone, remotely or in-person at client site
- Assist with testing when required and any other duties from time to time
- Degree qualified in computer science or a related subject
- A proven track record of creating scalable commercial .NET applications in C# for a minimum of 5 years
- Strong experience of ASP.Net/ MVC with Web API, JSON and Restful services
- Strong knowledge and experience of HTML and CSS
- Exposure to various front end java script technologies such as VueJS (preferred), bootstrap or similar
- Good knowledge of OO programming and principles
- Experience designing SQL Server databases and writing efficient scalable queries
- Experience of full stack development, from modifying databases, data access coding, business logic through to creating a usable UI
- Experience of/ exposure to working in an agile development environment (preferred)
- Ability to transfer business functionality specifications into working applications
Perks of the job
- Ability to work both within a team and on own when necessary
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to appreciate business requirements within role
- Good organizational skills with positive attitude
- Drive and enthusiasm
A bit about us...
- Competitive Salary
- Strong global brand, cutting edge technical environment
- 26 days holiday allowance
- Private medical healthcare
- Life assurance
- Organisation which encourages and fosters ideas and creativity
- Strong social culture and commitment to corporate social responsibility initiatives
- Additional benefits, such as Bike to Work and discount schemes
IRIS Software Group is one of the UK's largest privately held software companies. Its purpose is to be the most trusted provider of mission-critical software and services, ensuring customers get it right first time, every time.
IRIS takes the pain out of processes and let professionals working in businesses and schools focus on the work they love. Its software solutions and services for finance, HR and payroll teams, educational organisations, and accountancy firms helps comply with regulations, drive productivity and better engage with key stakeholders. Through simplifying, automating and providing insights on everyday mission-critical tasks for organisations of all shapes and sizes, IRIS ensures customers can look forward with certainty and confidence.
IRIS has over 120,000 UK and international customers with 80% having a tenure of five or more years. IRIS is the largest third-party online filer with the UK Government. Ninety-one of the top 100 UK accountancy firms and 50 of the top 100 US CPA firms use IRIS software. Circa 20% of the UK's workforce is paid by IRIS payroll offerings. More than 850,000 UK employees are managed by IRIS HR solutions. Over 11,000 UK schools and academies use IRIS, with four million parents and guardians using IRIS apps to connect with their children's school; 300 million messages are delivered between schools and parents each year, and over £15 million transactional payments are processed every month. IRIS is placed 93rd in the Grant Thornton Sunday Times Top Track 250, which is compiled by Fast Track and published in The Sunday Times each September, celebrates Britain's private mid-market growth companies with the biggest performance.
To see how IRIS helps organisations get things right first time, every time, visit www.iris.co.uk or follow IRIS Software Group on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92037487