Working in a cross-functional agile engineering team, including engineers with a wide range of skills, this role is a key position in leading the technical solutions for a team working on major strategic projects.
The role involves helping to advise on the best technical solutions available as well as research and lead the implementation of those solutions. The role requires you to have a wide range of technical skills, which you are able to utilize efficiently to help the team achieve its goals. You will be able to create detailed design documentation and be comfortable presenting your designs to a wide range of audiences.
You will be happy working in a scrum team (including offshore) that has clearly defined sprint goals and be effective in contributing towards priority discussion and estimation processes.
We deliver a web-based accountancy solution to tens of thousands of customers and strive to ensure our customers satisfaction. For this, we aim to continually improve the scalability and efficiency of our solution, and gradually move towards native cloud services, microservices based architecture and an API first approach. You must be willing to work with legacy system, make improvements and gradually move to microservices.
You will be joining a key project developing the product technical roadmap that will shape the future of our product and will gain exposure to many new and exciting technologies along the way.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. This role can be remote, although you will need to be able to commute to one of our offices (Leeds, Stockton-on Tees or Newcastle) on a regular basis as required.
- Where necessary creating detailed design documentation and presenting it to a wide range of audiences
- Leading the implementation tasks and working closely with other engineers in the team to ensure prompt completion of sprint goals
- Working with your Scrum Master and other stakeholders across IRIS Group to agree on technical direction
- Mentor colleagues providing advice and guidance on best practice and development techniques
- Continually learning and advising on new approaches or solutions
- Working closely with Dev Operations to ensure high standards of delivery
- Advanced skills in a wide range of programming languages (C#, Node JS)
- Extensive experience of APIs and Web services (including REST and SOAP APIs)
- Experience of using monitoring tools like datadog
- Experience working with Azure or AWS cloud services.
- Strong back-end and Database skills (SQL, NoSql)
- Strong experience of cloud SaaS platforms
- Advanced knowledge of GIT
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD systems & pipelines (Azure DevOps)
- Experience mentoring and leading technical sessions
- Strong foundations in security considerations
- Excellent understanding of Micro service architectures
- Experience designing solutions for performance and scale
- Experience of agile methodologies
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Angular 7 or above
- Experience of using Jira
- Expert knowledge of Docker
- Experience of monitoring and logging techniques (ie Graylog)
- Experience using Web sockets
- Experience using caching methods
- Experience working with legacy technologies (Classic ASP)
What's in it for you?
We believe in creating a culture of engagement and reward to develop employee potential and offer long-term career success. So what can we offer you?
- Being part of a vibrant, exciting and ever-growing organisation
- Generous holiday allowance of 26 days plus bank holidays
- Private medical healthcare
- Life assurance
- Competitive pay
- Complimentary benefits, including Bike to Work and discount schemes
If this sounds like you then please apply below!
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92037468