The Senior ACS Cloud Architect (ACA) provides strategic solutions and architectural designs supporting the delivery of customer solutions within the Oracle and multi cloud technology stack: Infrastructure, Networks, IaaS, PaaS and Middleware, Database (DBaaS), Security, Applications. The ACA contributes to the development and implementation of IT solutions in line with the overall customer needs and strategy.
The ACA works closely with the Customer to ensure alignment between business change, IT architecture, technical solutions, business resources and processes.
The ACA is also the lead of technical architects who are responsible for a specific technical pillar, e.g. Database , Middleware/applications and Infrastructure. The senior cloud architect" is responsible for the whole solution (e.g. a full Disaster recovery concept covering all workloads and technical layers).
ACA must have a technical background and history and is still be able to step into complex technical implementations and provide detailed support and guidance to re-establish technical momentum.
- Analyses business needs to help ensure the Oracle cloud solution meets the customer's objectives
- Apply industry and Oracle best practices, product knowledge, and business acumen
- Be the Oracle cloud solution authority for the customer's cloud architecture to ensure that customers make informed decisions regarding scope to achieve beneficial solutions cost effectiveness, quality and reuse.
- Providing technical guidance on cloud solutions to customer and other Oracle project team members to underpin successful project definition and delivery.
- Produce high level designs (HLD) including architecture, services and products and migration plans that meets customer demand
- Define, document, communicate, and maintain the target cloud architecture for the customers IT application, data and infrastructure including any transition architectures to ensure that the customers current and future needs will be met.
- Undertake research, investigations and developments in Oracle cloud technology in an appropriate way, and communicate the findings to the relevant interested stakeholder groups to inform business decisions.
- Working closely with the ACS Project Managers (TAM) to ensure that the individual work streams that form the overall cloud solution are technically managed and designs and plans are maintained to reflect the customers agreed solution
- Ensure Oracle cloud technologies are leveraged appropriately, that customer impacts to people, processes and technology are understood; and to resolve issues that have cross project or system scope
- Be able to design solutions around multi-cloud and hybrid cloud setups
- Liaises with presales as to proposed solution, and ensures early ACS engagement.
- Apply the ACS Cloud Methodology (ACM) to ensure a proper end2end delivery of the solution considering relevant practices
- Be an active contributor to the ACS Global Virtual Teams (GVT) program
- Identifies and promotes opportunities for sales of Oracle products and services to support business growth
- Work with Oracle Managed Cloud Services on reference architecture definition, design and implementation
Required Skills and knowledge:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with experience of architectural/design principals (TOGAF like)
- Proven solution design skills in a large enterprise or service provider during design, implementation and service phases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the customer organization
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and easily-digestible manner.
- design and produce creative cloud architectural & design documentation to the highest quality
- The ability to quickly grasp new or emerging Oracle technologies, and how they fit with the customer's strategy.
- understanding of ACS Cloud Service Portfolio
- Open/agile mindset
- Experience of interfacing with senior business and IT stakeholders
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Cloud (OCI) incl. related networks technologies
- Strong knowledge on Oracle Database and DB Cloud services
- Strong knowledge in DB migration approaches and processes
- Good skills in Oracle Middleware and PaaS services and products
- Good knowledge of Oracle Applications and SaaS
- Good technical knowledge of relevant none Oracle product e.g. Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, Terraform.
- Strong understanding of security
- Strong knowledge of Cloud native design solutions
- Strong knowledge of securing On-Premise, Cloud and hybrid solutions
- Knowledge of Project Management principals such as PRINCE2
- DevOps experience/skills
- Understand and consider commercial impact of decision
- Displays a professional image in front of the customer
- Proactively works towards objectives and goals, delivering expected and agreed results within given deadlines
- Checks progress of work against targets and takes appropriate action to keep on course
- Follows up on things promised and delivers on commitments
- Shows concern for the quality, standards and accuracy of own work
- Ensures start and end points and milestones are clearly defined to reduce uncertainty
- Breaks down complex problems/issues to determine suitability and makes appropriate assessments and recommendations
- Thinks through detailed implementation in a live customer environment
- Thinks outside the box and is creative with solutions
- Able to convince customers and others to own point of view
- Proactively takes ownership of tasks and challenges and sees them through
- Asserts authority when occasion/situation demands (escalation)
- Assumes role of the team leader.
- Coaches team members in relevant skills.
- Delegates appropriate tasks and monitors progress.
- Acts as a trusted advisor (a source of truth) to the customer
- Displays a professional image, behaves with integrity, and acts as an ambassador for Oracle at all times
- Strives to build effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues, third parties and customers
- Finds ways to recognize the contributions of others in the team.
Detailed Description and Job RequirementsAs a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Senior Principal Systems Engineer, you are a guru, with strong expertise across the stack & tiers (application and system), focused in the creation and management of business solutions using Oracle technology, the operations surrounding it, and the Oracle services infrastructure needed to achieve the highest service levels (e.g., availability, performance, etc.) and consequent high customer satisfaction. You will be responsible for setting overall technology direction for key areas to invest resources in, building internal expertise and leveraging knowledge within the Support organization. You will be expected to resolve and help guide resolution of multiple highly difficult and complex problems and escalations involving several product areas, while providing consultation to senior technical advisors on projects, reviewing their work and advising areas for self-advancement.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Bachelor*s and Master*s degree in Computer Science or Engineering (Advanced degree such as MBA and/or Ph.D. a plus) 10 years related experience prior to taking this position. In addition, extensive experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools. Only proven top performing candidates of high integrity in previous job positions/grades are considered.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92034500