Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer Birmingham to £60k
Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer (OOP Java 8 JVM Node AWS). Would you like to utilise your software development skills working on "Tech for Good" software in a senior, hands-on position?
As a senior Java Developer you'll work closely with the Development Manager, Lead BA and Lead Software Architect to plan and execute the development of software to deliver the Digital Roadmap. You'll provide technical leadership to a small development team; remain hands-on with coding (approximately 80% of your time) and help drive the continual improvement of development processes, Cloud platforms and CI/CD.
The company works with stakeholders across the energy sector (consumers, industry, academia and government) to identify innovation priorities, gaps in the market and overcome barriers to accelerating the decarbonisation of the energy system at the lowest cost.
There's currently a remote interview and onboarding process as well as the ability to work from home; in time you'll be joining a friendly, relaxed team based in Central Birmingham (10 minute walk from 3 mainline stations), with continued flexibility to work from home 1-2 days a week.
- You have strong Java software development skills
- You have a good knowledge of databases both SQL and NoSQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- You have a thorough understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as Design Patterns and Data Structures
- You're familiar with CI/CD and DevOps tooling such as Docker
- You have a good understanding of micro-services architecture and event driven architecture
- You're collaborative and keen to mentor / lead others
As a Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £60k) plus benefits including bonus, 28 days holiday, upto 10% pension contribution, life assurance and child care vouchers.
Apply now or call 01372 476 565 to find out more about this Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer (OOP Java 8 JVM Node AWS) opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92038269