Vysiion, an Exponential-e Group company, is a growing organisation specialising in providing IT Managed Services and Consultancy to the UK Public Sector. We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our NOC team based at our Corsham Data Centre at Spring Park.Your new role
You will be responsible for technical support to our client base ensuring Service Levels are maintained and the ticketing system is fully up to date. This will be a varied role where no day is the same, you will be doing desk based remote networking and getting hands on in the Data Centre.
The role will involve troubleshooting a range of networking issues for our customers including routing, switching and firewalls. We will offer you access to a wide variety of training and certification resources and career progression routes.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
Knowledge and experience required:
- Investigate and resolve NOC incidents assigned to you with speedy fixes ensuring the ticketing system is fully updated
- Monitoring networks and equipment, investigating and resolving issues while owning the incident to resolution.
- Ensure all network alarms and events are acknowledged and appropriately dealt with during your shift and ongoing issues are documented for shift handover.
- Providing DC smart hands services to support existing Smart Hands team such as cabling, visual inspections, providing escorts, etc.
- Experience working in a Service Desk, NOC or IT Support role
- Networking certification such as Cisco CCNA, CCNP or CyberOps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a professional phone manner
- Experience working within a network support role within a Cisco environment
- Network troubleshooting skills - routing, switching and Firewalls
Not only will you be working for a company that constantly exceeds expectations with both our innovation and our customer service, but there are many benefits you will receive while working for us:
- Access to Pluralsight and certification support
- Free on-site parking
- Clear career progression paths
- Culture quarterly and annual awards (Director awards, Pride awards)
- Culture Club organise events for the company (such as Thirsty Thursdays, kids Christmas party, quarterly socials)
- Comprehensive benefits (23 days holiday rising to 25 days, private medical insurance, pension, life assurance, cycle to work scheme)
Vysiion deliver bespoke solutions to private and public sector organisations, from the installation of fibre optic or microwave links for offshore windfarms, to the delivery of turnkey communications systems, the provision of end to end ICT Managed Services, secure hosting solutions for schools, charities, Government departments and the emergency services, as well as security solutions across the SCADA networks.
Following acquisition in February 2020 by Exponential-e, Vysiion now has access to a wider range of product and services and a parent company with an excellent financial standing and a reputation for pioneering innovation in the technology market. From launching the world's first Virtual private LAN in 2006 on our privately-owned 100GigE secure and super-fast Network to our recent work integrating SD-WAN and SD-DC, our commitment to innovation has resulted in us being recognised as a world-class IT Service provider, one of the fastest-growing private companies in the UK.What you need to do now
Click "apply now" and you will end up on our Exponential-e Group careers page, where you can see the full job description and will be able to send a copy of your CV to our recruitment team.
We are a company that hire for attitude, ambition and train for skills. So even if you don't tick all of the boxes but want to be part of Vysiion then please still apply. We will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss this opportunity, or other relevant positions we may have.Location
: Spring Park, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 9GBHours:
24/7 shift pattern, 4 days on (7am - 7pm), 4 days off, 4 nights on (7pm - 7am), 4 days offSalary:
£24,000-£32,000 dependant on experience + £3500 shift allowance SC Clearance:
we are looking for a candidate willing and able to go through the SC clearance process with Vysiion
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92034230