Advanced Customer Services (ACS) is a business unit within Oracle's Customer Service organisation that establishes long-term service relationships with Oracle's largest customers. ACS Service Solution Architects are focused on supporting ACS's continued growth in leading-edge, large scale and complex services for Oracle Cloud and on-premises engagements, primarily cloud-related.
ACS Service Solution Architects have a proven track record in the successful delivery of IT services for mission-critical environments in major organisations. In addition to a specialisation in the area of Cloud, they possess extensive, broad-based expertise across large scale project-based IT design- deploy-migrate-manage type services engagements and also expertise in the area of mission-critical production operations and support. They have proven experience in industry-standard project management and service management best practices.
Each individual Service Solution Architect has deep expertise in specific services & technology areas and acts as the subject-matter lead in those areas within the team.
All ACS Service Solution Architects have extremely strong customer-facing presentation and interaction skills, are capable of engaging at senior management and C-level, articulating service and technology solutions in terms of business value and risk.
- Location: UK
- Has no direct reports, but often leads and/or guides the activities of virtual teams to build service solution propositions for customers
- Works with multiple customers across all sectors/countries in the ACS region, in collaboration with Oracle ACS and cross line of business (xLoB) Sales teams
- Works on services related opportunities across the entire lifecycle of all Oracle Cloud and on-premises products, covering Oracle services requirements across design, deployment, migration, operations/management and support
- Works with ACS Sales and xLoB teams to:
- Identify, build and win cloud-related leading edge/large scale services opportunities
- Build and articulate compelling ACS service solutions that address identified customer business needs
- Ensure the risks and costs associated with each ACS service proposition are fully understood and addressed
- Provide subject matter expert input into contract drafting and negotiation
- Assist ACS in the achievement of its growth targets
- Works xLoB in individual opportunities and specific initiatives
- To identify, foster and define Oracle ACS services solutions for specific customer opportunities and assist in the sale alongside the sales representative and broader ACS team
- Work with the customer, ACS management and the xLoB account sales teams to:
- Understand the customer's business and IT strategic requirements and identify ACS opportunities to assist the customer to achieve its strategic goals
- Gather and assess customer business and technical needs, and define ACS service requirements
- Build and lead virtual teams associated with these large scale opportunities
- Effectively communicate with the customer to CxO level
- Build customer confidence and commitment through achieving a trusted advisor relationship
- Work proactively to build relationships with other Oracle lines of business and collaborate (internally and externally) to ensure effective service solution development and design
- Drive compelling proposals, presentations, and other customer and internal communications and discussions during opportunities
- Effectively articulate the details of the service components in a proposed customer solution
- Co-ordinate and drive service solution costing & pricing associated with specific opportunities and ensure that service solutions proposed are appropriately shaped to meet the commercial and contracting requirement of Oracle and the customer
- Apply consultative selling techniques
- Use strong understanding of the services competitive marketplace to anticipate and plan for competitive threats
- Transfer knowledge to other groups such as; account teams, delivery and across ACS presales
- Produce appropriate and timely opportunity status reporting information
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
This is a senior role. ACS Service Solution Architects typically have at least 15+ years of experience in relevant IT services, across a wide range of technologies and customer sectors.
A typical experience profile for this role would include most of the following:
- A track record in developing successful propositions for the provision of transformational and operational services for mission-critical environments in major organisations.
- Extensive, broad-based expertise across large scale project-based IT design/deploy/migrate type services engagements and also in the area of mission-critical production operations and support. They have proven experience in industry-standard project delivery and service management best practice.
- Significant direct experience in services roles with external IT services providers
- Broad understanding of typical enterprise applications, IT infrastructures, public and on-premises cloud, including but not limited to Oracle technologies
- Significant customer facing presentation and interaction experience in consulting and trusted advisor roles with C-level executives in relation to IT services articulating service and technology solutions in terms of business value and risk.
- Extensive industry knowledge and expertise in cloud adoption and cloud services
- Experience in IT project and programme management, including major IT transformation, migration and solution deployment projects
- IT service management, including managed services/outsourcing
- Construction of TCO analyses and pricing for complex service offers
- Sales and complex deal negotiation
- Architecting, implementing and delivering complex service solutions for large scale, mission critical IT environments
- Consulting and trusted-advisor roles to C-level within major customer organisations in relation to IT services
- Proven ability to construct and deliver compelling presentations and propositions to C-level and large audiences
Detailed Description and Job RequirementsProvides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92034440