About the Role...
We are creating our next generation technology platform and applications through re-usable cloud services. We are building cloud native applications using various AWS technologies within a micro-services-based architecture and an API first approach.
You will be joining a key project developing the product roadmap that will shape the future of IRIS products and will gain exposure to many new and exciting technologies along the way.Key Responsibilities:
A bit about you...Qualifications:
- Leading some implementation tasks and working closely with other engineers in the team to ensure prompt completion of sprint goals
- Working with your Scrum Master and other stakeholders across the IRIS Group to agree on technical direction
- Mentor colleagues providing advice and guidance on best practice and development techniques
- Identify and communicate technical requirements
- Drive innovation by using new and exciting ideas to solve complex problems
- Create and maintain solution documentation
- Collaborating with other team members and sharing the benefit of your knowledge.
- Guide, mentor and support junior members of the team
- Continually learning and advising on new approaches or solutions
- Working closely with Operations to ensure high standards of delivery
- BSC or equivalent in a software engineering discipline
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
- Experience of APIs and Web services
- Experience of cloud SaaS platforms
- Knowledge of Docker / Kubernetes
- Knowledge of GIT / Bitbucket
- Knowledge of CI/CD systems
- Understanding of security considerations
- Understanding of Micro service architectures
- SQL / Database knowledge
- Experience of agile methodologies (Scrum, Story Pointing etc)
- Experience of monitoring and logging techniques
Perks of the job
- PostgreSQL and SQL Server
- Comfortable with Linux environments
- TeamCity experience
- Experience of using Jira
- Experience using Web sockets
A bit about us...
- Competitive Salary
- Strong global brand, cutting edge technical environment
- 26 days holiday allowance
- Private medical healthcare
- Life assurance
- Organisation which encourages and fosters ideas and creativity
- Strong social culture and commitment to corporate social responsibility initiatives
- Additional benefits, such as Bike to Work and discount schemes
IRIS Software Group is one of the UK's largest privately held software companies. Its purpose is to be the most trusted provider of mission-critical software and services, ensuring customers get it right first time, every time.
IRIS takes the pain out of processes and let professionals working in businesses and schools focus on the work they love. Its software solutions and services for finance, HR and payroll teams, educational organisations, and accountancy firms helps comply with regulations, drive productivity and better engage with key stakeholders. Through simplifying, automating and providing insights on everyday mission-critical tasks for organisations of all shapes and sizes, IRIS ensures customers can look forward with certainty and confidence.
IRIS has over 120,000 UK and international customers with 80% having a tenure of five or more years. IRIS is the largest third-party online filer with the UK Government. Ninety-one of the top 100 UK accountancy firms and 50 of the top 100 US CPA firms use IRIS software. Circa 20% of the UK's workforce is paid by IRIS payroll offerings. More than 850,000 UK employees are managed by IRIS HR solutions. Over 11,000 UK schools and academies use IRIS, with four million parents and guardians using IRIS apps to connect with their children's school; 300 million messages are delivered between schools and parents each year, and over £15 million transactional payments are processed every month. IRIS is placed 93rd in the Grant Thornton Sunday Times Top Track 250, which is compiled by Fast Track and published in The Sunday Times each September, celebrates Britain's private mid-market growth companies with the biggest performance.
To see how IRIS helps organisations get things right first time, every time, visit www.iris.co.uk
or follow IRIS Software Group on LinkedIn
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92035557