Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer Leeds to £75k
Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer (Spring REST Java 11 SQL) *Remote Interview WFH*. Are you a technologist Java Developer seeking a role where you can work with a modern tech stack encompassing microservices and AWS? You could be joining a fast growing FinTech that's SaaS solutions are helping High Street banks to compete with the challenge from their online tech driven rivals.
As a Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer you will join the team responsible for the core banking technology platform. You'll collaborate to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility, assisting with Architecture and Design of new and current systems. The platform is built with Java on AWS with delivery based on LESS (Large Scale Scrum), every new feature is backed by automated test suites to run in the CI pipeline encompassing unit, component and integration tests (BDD using Cucumber). You'll gain exposure to a wide range of technology and will continually learn along the way.
Driven by technology the company can offer a remote interview / process and 100% work from home during the current social distancing measures with 2-3 days a week WFH thereafter. When you're in the office in Leeds you can enjoy a great team environment with spacious dining area, continuous supply of breakfast, snacks and drinks as well as games rooms and quiet spaces.
- Strong modern core Java design and development skills including Spring, ideally SpringBoot
- Experience of high volume processing and real-time distributed systems
- Good knowledge of cloud based microservices
- Experience with TDD and an advocate of quality clean code
- Experience with any of the following would be useful: Kafka, Hadoop, Spark (or other data streaming); SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Swagger; CI tools, SonarQube, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins; Cucumber
- Collaborative with good communication skills; keen to learn and discuss ideas
As a Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £75k) plus benefits.
Apply now or call 01372 476 565 to find out more about this Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer (Spring REST Java 11 SQL) opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92030388