JP Morgan are seeking numerous experienced consultants to join the Payments Transformation team on a contractual basis of 12 months initially based in either London or Bournemouth. The engagement will be via PAYE with Bournemouth being the preferred location.
J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative payments, cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services.About the Team
The Payments Transformation Team is responsible for Payments Transformation for Treasury Services. Modernising our Payments platforms by rolling out a new payments architecture globally is core to our long-term strategy.
Working within an agile 'pod' structure comprising of Product, Operations, Technology and UAT representatives, a Payments Business Analyst will help elaborate strategic business, product and operations requirements for one or more payments transformation initiatives.Key responsibilities:
Key Skills / Experience
- Understand client and clearing requirements, the usage of Payments Products by corporate and FI clients and prioritise the requirements based on data analysis and strategic business need
- Define functional and non-functional business requirements for development and commercialisation in order to meet business objectives
- Help define operations support and intervention processes for users of payments processing systems, ensuring controls on data and process flows are maintained
- Articulate and document process flows including customer interactions, operational interventions, end to end flows, data handoffs, etc.
- Perform impact analysis for business initiatives to determine partner business groups that will consequently be required to undergo technical or operational process change
- Devise a transition process to ensure that Operations, Technology and Service can seamlessly move to their respective target state models
- Payments processing domain and clearing knowledge (such as SEPA, BACS, ACH, etc) required
- Requirements analysis, elaboration and documentation skills required
- Understanding of corporate/FI payments processing requirements required
- Understanding of the Agile methodology and experience of using JIRA and MS Office
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative team environment
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions
- Analytical skills and attention to detail in written documentation
- Self-motivated, driven to learn and to achieve targets and deliverables
- Relationship building and influencing skills
- Organisational skills and time management
- Communication and presentation skills