My client is a leading top tier law firm based in Birmingham city centre and is now looking to recruit a senior litigation legal assistant or paralegal to join its outstanding litigation services and dispute resolution group.
The firm combines various sub teams within the litigation services and dispute resolution group, and in this senior litigation legal assistant or paralegal role you will join the firm's insurance business solicitors representing a variety of blue chip clients, insurers, intermediaries and self-insurers, advising on all matters of contention arising out of employer liability, public liability, property and motor liability claims.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is driven and hard-working with lots of ambition.
Your key duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- independently running your own caseload of files
- dealing with clients and third parties in a professional manner, maintaining close and regular contact as required
- investigating the credibility of claims, always acting in the insurer's best interest
- dealing with RTA and EL/PL injury claims
- defending a range of claims values from small to multi-track, often including credit hire claims
- carrying out legal research in relation to liability disputes, case law and technical areas of insurance law
- maintaining good file management, including electronic and paper storage, archiving and filing
- assisting the head of the team and, where necessary, other senior members to produce high quality legal services to clients on a broad range of defendant insurance work
- assisting with monthly billing, all client specific billing and other related financial administration
- taking telephone calls and handling queries and enquiries
- photocopying, scanning and collating documentation
- opening and closing files
- overseeing and managing the management information requirements for a key client
In order to be successful in this senior litigation legal assistant or paralegal role in Birmingham, you must have at least 1-2 years' experience working in a similar role, a solid understanding of RTA and EL/PL claims, the ability to run your own caseload and experience of dealing with small and fast-track claims.
Click the apply now button to find out more.