TrueLayer's Data Products team builds products that reduce the friction and cost involved in financial transactions, using data. Our data products power many of the most widely-used fintech apps in Europe today - from personal budgeting tools to online lending to onboarding for all kinds of companies. We do this by allowing clients to retrieve financial data securely and quickly, with millions of API calls being made every day.
In 2020 we doubled the number of our connections to financial institutions across the UK and Europe. As we continue to grow, we're looking to find new ways to help our clients provide a first class experience for their users. To do this we're continuing to optimise machine learning models models trained on millions of rows of transaction data, scale services that process millions of API calls every day and improve our frontend components so that hundreds of thousands of users can easily connect their accounts every day.
To achieve this we use best-in-class technologies including C#/.Net Core for development, Docker containers orchestrated with Kubernetes, AWS cloud infrastructure, ElasticSearch, Prometheus for observability, RabbitMQ, Redis, Postgres and more.Who We Are
At TrueLayer, we build intelligent financial infrastructure that puts fintech at people's fingertips.
Businesses use our global network, built on open banking and PSD2, to securely access financial data and enable instant payments. Headquartered in London with offices in Milan, Dublin, Sydney, and Hong Kong, we've raised $72M to date and we're trusted by some of the biggest names in tech, including Revolut, Trading 212, and Zopa.
We are systems builders, design thinkers, product crafters and committed doers. We work in a collaborative, transparent environment where people can be their true selves, embrace ownership and accountability, and build something that will define an industry.
Our vision is to create a financial ecosystem that is open to everyone. We've grown from a UK leader in 2020 to a global provider in 2021, operating in 12+ countries. The thing is, we're just getting started...As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will
Voluntary On-Call Duty
- Own new product features, from breaking down requirements to planning tasks for you and your team, and shipping to production rapidly and regularly
- Help make our platform globally scalable, reliable and available
- Conduct code reviews and share knowledge with other engineers to maximise everyone's potential and growth
- Help shape the future of engineering at TrueLayer
- Contribute to our culture and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work
While being on call is a fantastic learning experience, we understand being on call out of hours is not for everyone, so at TrueLayer it's voluntary. If interested, you can train with, and join, our on-call rota, which will involve compensated rotations of
RequirementsYou'll need to demonstrate
- Being On-Call to respond to critical incidents affecting the availability of our platform
- Identifying, mitigating and resolving root causes of such incidents
- Coordinating our response to potentially major incidents, and being an active voice in postmortem/root cause analysis discussions to prevent future problems.
We'd be particularly excited if you have
- Proven experience building distributed systems in C#
- Understanding of SOLID and other common design patterns
- Familiarity of API design and experience with at least one web framework
- Understanding of Object-relational mapping technologies
- Appreciation of challenges surrounding microservices architecture
- Familiarity with testing best practices - TDD, Unit Testing and Integration Testing, etc.
- Experience with observability and alerting of mission-critical distributed systems
BenefitsWhat you can expect from us
- A solid grasp of SQL and efficient use of caching
- Understanding of Protocol Buffers, gRPC, and message queue systems
Inclusion & Diversity
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- Flexible hours ⌛ and remote work
- Choice of Linux or Mac technology
- A remote-working stipend to help set up your home office
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4%
- Private Health Insurance ⚕️
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) ️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill ♀️
- Learning & development allowance
At TrueLayer, we don't just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you - like your age, ability, background and identity - are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).