QS is a global leader in higher education services. We offer student recruitment solutions, data analytics and insight, consultancy, and intelligence to thousands of university clients across the world. QS publishes a range of highly visible and influential rankings of international universities including the QS World University Rankings® which reaches a global audience of hundreds of millions of people, and The International Student Survey, the world's largest survey of prospective international students.
QS is currently hiring a for a Data Insights Analyst to join the team in the QS Intelligence Unit. The role will sit within a small analyst team who are responsible for producing our catalogue of university rankings, evaluation activities and a range of other analytical outputs on trends in international higher education. The role will be a key contributor in our ability to go-to-market with maximum impact, drawing insights from a variety of data sources.
The role requires expert analysis capability - the ability to delve in to data and turn it in to meaningful and high-impact insights. You will have well developed experience in visualizing data and be skilled in using a range of tools to build well designed data visualizations. You will also be a great communicator, being able to use the insights you develop to draw out the stories and tell those to a range of audiences. Being able to see the big picture, connect data points to larger narratives, present persuasively to a variety of stakeholders and suggest new avenues of exploration are critical.
What is required?
* Ability to not only critique analysis in a supportive way, but also to anticipate analytical issues that others might encounter and communicate those to key stakeholders
* Experience in engaging technical and non-technical senior stakeholders and advisors to ensure they have buy-in into ways of working and opportunities to feed back on any new approaches
* Strong communication skills - being able to effectively communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
* Great data visualisation skills using Tableau (or an equivalent data-visualisation package) and demonstrable ability to provide high quality data visualizations
* The ability to be impartial and delineate between evidence and assumptions
* A natural approach of seeking feedback from a range of stakeholders and ability to demonstrate that feedback is being responded to effectively
* Excellent skills in utilising Excel and other software to analyse data
* Knowledge of common statistical tests
* Understanding SQL for data extraction
* Experience working with R, Python or an equivalent programming/data science language
* An understanding of the types of data used for performance evaluation in international higher education