ASD Teaching Assistant | Warrington
Pay Rate £65 - £80 per day
Are you a positive and passionate SEND Teaching Assistant who specialises in Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)? Can you use your knowledge of Autism to help children to develop?
Chalk are recruiting for this ASD Teaching Assistant position which is a long term placement starting in May and is the perfect opportunity to join an inviting Special School in Warrington.
This ASD Teaching Assistant role will involve supporting a Key Stage 2 child who has Autism on a one-to-one basis in the classroom. You will assist the class teacher to deliver a range of planned lessons and activities with a flexible and creative approach; adapting where necessary to suit the needs of the pupil. As well as academic support you will also be required to help improve social skills and manage behaviour using various de-escalation techniques.
This vibrant Special School in Warrington received 'Good' in their latest Ofsted inspection and caters for young people with a range of SEND, including Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Asperger's and Speech Language & Communication Needs (SLCN). The school provides a bespoke and enriching curriculum to students, with a focus on improving independence while ensuring students feel safe and supported.
To be considered for this role you will need:
* Qualification in education or childcare
* Experience supporting children with SEND, specifically ASD
* Good literacy, numeracy & communication skills
* Excellent behaviour management
* A flexible approach and caring attitude
* References confirming suitability for role
* Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
* Eligibility to work in the UK
* Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
* Continual professional development through online training
* Competitive pay rates related to your experience
* Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
* Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
At Chalk our direction, and long-term target, is to be the top specialist education agency out there, providing bespoke staffing solutions to schools and education provisions across the UK. We offer a personal service to all of our candidates, listening to your individual needs and taking into account your special requirements.
We recruit SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) staff for both mainstream schools, Special Needs Schools and alternative provisions, filling short-term, long-term and permanent vacancies. If you are looking for an honest, professional and committed attitude, then give Chalk a chance to earn your trust.
For more info please contact Sarah on (phone number removed).
The Legal Bit
Chalk is an education recruitment agency committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. Chalk promotes equal opportunities and diversity for employees, workers, and applicants. We follow new GDPR laws to ensure the protection and privacy of your data