You'll be working on things like:
* Managing teams and helping them prioritize, build and ship the most impactful features to our merchants and community of developers.
* As a member of the product area leadership, build a composite roadmap that reflects the priorities in the different areas and continuously rebalance the teams to react to changes in the surrounding conditions.
* Work on problems with your teams, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items.
* Work with product, UX and other disciplines to discover the best solutions for our merchants.
* Grow a team, both through internal development and external hiring.
Qualities you likely have to be well suited to this role:
* Proven team leadership skills. Your management skills and technical depth allows you to develop and mentor others as well as build credibility with your team while executing broader engineering strategies.
* Proven software development background in one of the disciplines listed above: Backend, Mobile, UX, or Web Development. You feel comfortable diving into the code and interacting with developers at all levels of seniority.
* Familiarity with distributed and highly available systems at scale.
* Experience designing and developing APIs.
* You are comfortable working with senior stakeholders (Director level and up), both technical and non technical.
* You have successfully built and grown teams of engineers during your career.
* A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results