Route Thirty Six, a growth stage start-up providing a unique combination of SaaS and creative marketing solutions for a number of global high street retailers, is looking for a System and Network Administrator.
We believe that IT is a core part of our business and essential to our ongoing success - we are looking for a Network/System Administrator to build, manage and maintain our on premise and cloud based network infrastructure and software.
Where does the role fit in?
This role will report to the Technology Director and will be responsible for building, configuring, and maintaining the company's IT footprint (office network, cloud infrastructure, end user devices, etc...) and working with the DevOps team to assist and advise on the building and maintaining of environments for our SaaS offerings.
The role will be based out of Wootton Wawen (with the option of remote work from home for the right candidate).
You will need to be a highly motivated, proactive individual with the ability to solve problems independently and as part of a team. Your goal will be to support the company by building and maintaining IT infrastructure that adheres to industry best practices, supports and enforces the company's policies, and empowers users to work efficiently.
Is this the correct job for me?
* You are an experienced Network or Systems Administrator
* You want to:
- Build a fast and efficient network
- Work with on-prem and Cloud technologies
- Be proactive rather than reactive
- Provide a frustration free user experience
- Ensure the security of devices and information
- Support Windows and Mac devices
- Work with the DevOps team to ensure the companies SaaS offerings are secure and reliable
* You have strong communication skills, the ability to work in a small team and to manage your own workload
* You possess an eye for detail along with resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
* You will be able to self-start and are comfortable in dynamic, changing environments
* An eagerness to continue to further your knowledge and skills and an awareness of current issues affecting the industry and its technologies
* Ensuring the company's IT is fit for purpose (secure, fast, easy to use, etc...)
* Identifying and mitigating risks
* Identifying and solving any problems that arise with computer networks or systems
* Ensuring compliance with our information security policies
* Supporting end users directly and by writing and updating knowledgebase articles
* Monitoring and continuously improving our IT
* Suggesting improvements or alternatives to anything and everything
* Proactively managing your time
* Maintaining an awareness of new and existing technologies which may be relevant to the work we do
* Learning new technologies as required
How will you succeed?
* Taking a partnership approach to working with internal teams
* Building positive and professional working relationships with your colleagues and users
* Removing user's pain and exceeding their expectations
* Understanding IT, problem solving, and the challenges that come up within these specialist disciplines
* Where you don't know the solution to a problem you will have the drive to find it, and if required learn new skills to achieve it
Additional Package Info: 25 days holiday, pension scheme, health insurance, and life insurance
Sounds interesting? Click APPLY to send your CV for immediate consideration.
Candidates with previous experience and job titles including; Fortinet, Apple, Microsoft, JumpCloud, GSuite, SAML, VPN, ISO27001, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, Azure, Linux Administrator, Linux Systems Administrator, Linux Admin, Linux Sys Admin, Network Manager, Windows Support, Technical Support, Cloud Hosted Solutions, School Network Manager, Windows OS Server, Microsoft 365, Active Directory, 3rd Line, IT Manager, 4th Line,Network Engineer, CCNP, 3rd Line Technical Support, School IT Support, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Networking, Cisco Wireless, Palo Alto Firewall, Huawei Switches, Sonicwall Firewall, Juniper Firewall may also be considered for this role