London School of Science & Technology is looking for Academic Dean at Birmingham Campus. LSST is a higher education provider with over 5000 students and campuses in London, Birmingham and Luton.
Reports to: Deputy CEO Group Principal/Principal
* To provide the strategic vision and leadership for the campus both on Academic and non-Academic levels under the management of the Principal and Deputy CEO Group Principal.
* To contribute to the institutional strategy in learning and teaching, and to participate in the numerous boards, committees and panels of the College.
* To liaise with the senior officers of the College to ensure the effective management of all academic systems
* To develop an effective working relationship with senior management in order to meet the highest standards of corporate governance
* To enhance the reputation of the College for academic excellence, quality and engagement
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
This role profile is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
* To provide effective leadership of the College to both its staff and students and to external stakeholders
* To organise, direct and manage the campus and lead the staff as appropriate to the matrix line management structure
* To be a member of key committees and to represent the interests of the campus.
* To provide effective management of all systems, staff and resources made available to the campus.
* To contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of College plans and policies
* To ensure that the College is effectively represented and promoted in local and regional forums and that information from external sources is disseminated widely throughout the campus
* Master's degree in a relevant academic discipline (Essential)
* PhD in a relevant discipline (Desirable)
Experience & Position:
* Work experience in Education
* Work experience in a leadership role
* Management skills both within learning and teaching within a higher education environment and supporting staff engaged in learning and teaching
* Experience in Educational Oversight and / or QAA inspections
* Involved in the validation of new programs both on undergraduate and postgraduate level
* An understanding of issues facing the UK higher education sector, notably in relation to learning and teaching
* Experience of managing resources within a College in relation to learning and teaching