Senior Security Engineer (CSS/MDR)Location:
: Associate Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
"Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us." - Julie Sweet, Accenture CEOAs a team:
Accenture is the global leader in cybersecurity. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives. This is a Senior Cyber Security Engineer role in the Managed Security Services organization focused on Managed Detection & Response.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you're looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job. In our team you will:
As a Senior Cyber Security Engineer, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of Cyber Security Operations
- Develop your knowledge and troubleshooting skills on various cyber security technologies
- Develop your knowledge on various log collection methodologies
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Work within a 24x7x365 team to support the timely delivery of security monitoring services.
- Investigate logging issues for a variety of security technologies impacting customer networks.
- Provide technical customer support on our Log Collection Platform and Managed Detection & Response portal.
- Assess, triage, escalate and/or address client requests via the phone, email, service cases and/or live chat.
- Respond to technical security questions and concerns from customers.
- Document best practices and contribute to knowledgebase articles.
- Review monitoring alarms and other customer deliverables for adherence to the established procedures and guidelines; document, rectify, and provide feedback to other engineers as required.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of the security monitoring and alerting service.
- Ensure standards and procedures are adhered to within defined SLA's.
- Articulate security issues to customers, both verbally and written.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Manage and track customer issues and requests.
- Act as an escalation point for junior engineers.
- Provide training and coaching to more junior engineers.
- Deliver internal and external presentations related to the MDR service.
Set yourself apart:
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience of AWS cloud services.
- Knowledge and experience across various cyber security technologies and/or SIEM platforms.
- An excellent understanding of Windows and Linux OS, including command line Linux.
- An excellent understanding of computer networking, including detailed technical knowledge of TCP/IP and other networking protocols.
- Experience in an operational environment, ideally with customer-facing responsibilities
- Experience in a cyber security role, ideally focused on management of cyber security technologies and/or SIEM platforms.
QualificationsWhat's in it for you
- Experience configuring and managing EDR technologies.
- Experience in retrieving information and generating reports using SQL.
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels, demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess one or more of the following certifications: Security+, CCNA, Network+, Linux+.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues with customers and partners.
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days' vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!About Accenture
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries - powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.Closing Date for Applications: 30/04/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92081073