Cloud Engineer - AWS/Azure
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £26,000 - £60,000 (based on experience)
Career Level: Senior Analyst, Specialist or Associate Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
"Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us." - Julie Sweet, Accenture CEOAs a team:
You will be part of a team which implements Public and Private Cloud technologies and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
- The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provides an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
- This role may either be based from a multi-client delivery centre or at client sites for extended period of times when required.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you're looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job. As an AWS/Azure Cloud Engineer, you will:
QualificationsIn our team we are seeking an experienced AWS and/or Azure Cloud engineer with:
- Work on multiple cloud projects as part of a wider cloud capability team.
- Build and maintain cloud estates as per best practices.
- Migrate applications to cloud.
- Resolve and escalate issues as necessary.
- Evaluate cloud estate periodically to identify opportunities for optimization.
- Create support documents and share knowledge with the team.
- Undertake necessary trainings and certifications on latest technologies.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Capable of deploying and managing highly available, cost-effective, scalable and secure systems on a major cloud platform, such as AWS and Azure.
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience in AWS and Azure cloud technologies.
- Minimum 3 years of overall IT experience.
- A cloud certification in AWS and Azure.
Set yourself apart:
- Expertise in deploying and managing a cloud environment as per best practices.
- Strong knowledge of cloud native tools and services such as compute, networking, storage and database services and familiarity with AWS/Azure CLI and SDK tools.
- Ability to identify and implement appropriate cloud service for a given use case.
- Experience in configuring backup, monitoring, patching and security of cloud estate.
- Experience in Linux and Windows server system administration and scripting skills.
- Strong incident fault finding skills and experience.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
What's in it for you
- Experience in Azure RedHat OpenShift and other Azure/AWS PaaS.
- Ability to configure automation using cloud native services.
- Experience in extending on-premises environment to cloud in a hybrid setup.
- Experience in migrating workloads to cloud.
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days' vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for. About Accenture
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries - powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.Closing Date for Applications 31/04/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92081520