DevOps Engineers required by world leading digital agency in London with strong skills in DevOps CI / CD, building pipelines / code deployment automation experience and experience of being embedded into Agile cross functional software delivery teams, with experience of technologies such as Python, Bash, AWS, Terraform, Docker, CloudFormation, Linux, Continuous Integration / CI, Continuous Delivery / CD, Containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Configuration Management, Jenkins are required to work on client centric projects so it's essential you have good communication skills as often you will work from project inception through to delivery and be a trusted advisor.
As a DevOps Engineer you will have sound experience and awareness across some of the following areas:
- Experience being the DevOps Engineer for a cross functional Agile team so working closely with developers to build and automate deployments
- Strong communication skills to work across team and advise and liaise with clients
- Building and automating deployment pipelines using CI/CD tools. (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab, Azure DevOps, Teamcity)
- Build systems (Gradle, Maven, Npm) along with understanding of what is required to build, test and deploy such tech as Nodejs, React and SpringBoot
- Infrastructure as Code using tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, Pulumi
- Experience in delivering DevOps Infrastructure As Code
- Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Container Tech (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, Openshift, AKS, EKS)
- OS Tuning and Management - Linux/Unix/BSD and Windows
- Infrastructure - Virtualized, Containerised, Serverless
- Configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform)
- Agile and Lean methodologies.
- Networking principles and practices (e.g. Security, Subnets, VLANS, Firewalls, TCP/IP)
- Monitoring, metrics, and logging (e.g. ELK, Prometheus, DataDog)
- Web Technologies - (e.g. Nginx, IIS)
- Databases - (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Mongo, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell)
Other desirable skills to have as the DevOps Engineer would include
- Experience of Government / GDS / Government Digital projects
- Experience in designing the infrastructure
- Private Cloud (e.g. Cloudstack, OpenStack, CloudFoundry)
- Hybrid Cloud
- Experience of mentoring, coaching and supporting less experienced colleagues and clients.
- Depending on seniority team leadership may form part of your role
- Vulnerability/threat assessment and mitigation
This is an outstanding chance to join a fast growing and world leading digital agency which will offer varied and challenging work on digital projects for their impressive client base, and a great opportunities to progress your career.
DevOps roles are available in the team at Mid to Senior level.
When things return to normal this role will offer a mix of home working, office and some client facing work.
If you looking for a role were you can flex your technical and communication skills please do get in touch to discuss.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92079331