Site Reliability Engineer / SRE Engineer required with sound software Development skills in at least one of the Go Programming Language / Golang, Python, C or C++ / systems administration for highly scalable / distributed systems is required to work on cloud based SAAS platform for world leading and fast-growing video collaboration company based in Reading.
This SRE role will be Golang / Go focussed in terms of software development so the Site Reliability Engineer will need to show some competency in Go and a real passion for Golang as will be the language used.
As a Site Reliability / SRE Engineer you will skills in :
- Proficient skills in Go Programming / Golang programming and at least one of Python, C++, C
- Strong software development skills and a hybrid skill set also with systems admin / operations skills
- Deep understanding Linux systems / administration
- Strong skills of managing cloud application on private, public of hybrid platform GCP / AWS
- A passion for automation, optimising code and building tooling
As a Site Reliability Engineer / SRE Engineer ideal skills would also include
- Experience of designing, analysing and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience with the load and performance for SAAS applications and platforms
- Strong skills in code optimisation and the automation of as much as possible
- Experience of standard network protocols
Key responsibilities as a Site Reliability / SRE Engineer will include
- Build great software, including code to increase manageability of the Cloud based platform and automate anything and everything.
- Establish and maintain SLIs and SLOs, and the tooling to support it.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve production grade issues for SaaS platform and applications.
- Participate in the post-mortem process, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and lessons learned process.
- Maintaining a knowledge base of known issues and solutions.
- Work with cutting edge technology in the cloud to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines for build, deploy, code coverage. Ability to install, configure, update and troubleshoot cloud Microservices.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams, influencing and contributing to product design. establishing requirements for manageability and operations, and ensuring it's implemented.
This is an outstanding chance to flex you programming skills and focus on Golang and build on your cloud platform skills by joining a growing international SRE team supporting large scale Cloud platform distributed systems.
The role will be working from remotely from home until the advice changes for workers to return to the office but when things return to normal will involve some time based from the Reading office.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92079143