An exciting position has become available for a full-time Quality Technician based in Caerphilly. The successful candidate will earn £28,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.Role Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a quality role.
- Qualifications - BTEC or above in Engineering / Manufacturing.
- Experience of reading & understanding engineering drawings & using measuring instruments.
- Excellent computer skills creating documents using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience as a team player in a manufacturing environment.
- Works well in a changing and challenging environment.
- Reporting and processing daily quality issues and communicate effectively with other departments.
- Create internal daily quality documents including production work instructions.
- Control of non-conforming product and support root cause analysis and corrective action 8D reports.
- Create goods in materials specifications for new and existing suppliers.
- Conduct internal audits as scheduled by the Quality Manager.
- Support Quality Manager with customer PPAP activity.
- Strong visual inspection skills of components and understanding customer requirements with attention to detail.
- Dimensional inspection of products during manufacture checking to customer specifications using standard measuring equipment such as micrometres, callipers, height-gauges etc.
- Contributing to the Continuous Improvement culture of the business.
Our client produces plastic injection moulded enclosures for electrical & electronic devices serving many industries. These products are of the highest standard for customers who are international manufacturers.
Employing approximately 80 staff, the company has a well-equipped and modern mould-shop with additional facilities for paint-spraying, printing, and product assembly.
The supporting Engineering Department includes a clean & modern toolroom for the maintenance and repair of all the injection mould-tooling, jigs, and fixtures.
The products are varied and the tooling ranges from simple single-cavity cold-fed moulds to complex multi-cavity tools with hot runner systems.Why should you apply?
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
Keywords: Quality Technician, Engineering, Manufacturing, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Engineering Drawings, Quality Role