Specialist SISS Engineer - Rail Telecoms Location:
Leicestershire, however the client is flexible on location.
Role can be run out of a number of offices including Manchester, York, Birmingham or London. Salary / Benefits:
Negotiable dependant on experience plus package and bonus Start Date:
ASAP Company Information:
Working for a successful global technology powerhouse specialising in rail, road and logistics both nationally and internationally. To be suitable for the position we are seeking candidates who;
Desirable but not essential
- Ideally held the role of Principal Engineer or have acted as a Senior Engineer for 3-5 years and looking to step up
- Have Proven experience in CRE and/or CEM role for delivery of SISS projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environments.
- Have Proven success leading and motivating a team of SISS engineers for effective design and delivery of SISS systems.
- Have Good Experience in CCTV, PA, PA/VA, CIS, INFORMATION SCREENS, PID'S, PUBLIC DISPLAY, PABX, DISPLAY SCREENS, HELP POINTS etc.
- Strong experience and knowledge of implementation engineering processes covering development, design, construction, test, commissioning and handover across multiple diverse disciplines.
- Implementation and application of requirements capture and control.
- Proven experience of integrating third party sub-systems into complete solutions.
- Strong knowledge of BS7671 wiring regulations.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Hold a Degree or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Have Proven experience in a CRE and/or CEM role for delivery of SISS projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environments.
- Ideally hold an IRSE License in a relevant category (e.g. SISS Design or Project Engineer categories)
- Have experience working with similar companies eg previous employers - Optilan, Delatim, HCOMM, Motion Rail, Amey, WSP, Motts, Siemens, Atkins, Sella controls , Thales, Linbrooke, Arup etc.
- Hold Chartered Engineer or equivalent status
This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a passion to lead Station Information and Security Systems (SISS) design across multiple projects by creating and delivering technical solutions within agreed timescales and budgeted costs, and is responsible for the projects' contribution to overall business performance. The individuals general and specialist knowledge and understanding will be utilised to optimise the selection and application of appropriate technologies (existing or novel) and deliver those solutions using industry best practices.
The Specialist Engineer, SISS leads in the selection, configuration and deployment of Station Information and Security Systems. These solutions will typically comprise PA, CCTV, CIS and Help Point sub-systems, monitored and controlled via a common master station to form a complete, single integrated system. Delivery will include leadership of assigned project teams to innovatively deliver customer expectations through best value engineering.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.