Head of Finance
Sheridan Maine are supporting a customer centric, national, PE backed firm to recruit a Head of Finance for a £290 million turnover division.
Key aspects of the role include the leadership and delivery of forecasting, budgeting, planning, and decision support, all combined with an oversight over financial control and management reporting. The role will work closely with the Managing Director and their senior management team, to ensure they are involved in shaping the strategic direction of the division.
The role provides all aspects of financial support to the business and their teams, including commercial support, challenge and strategic decision making.
- Act as a key member of the leadership teams working across all areas of senior management, providing strategic and commercial recommendations
- Proactively contribute to the strategic direction and decisions of the business area, constructively challenging and influencing to optimise performance
- Successfully lead day to day operational requirements in line with strategic priorities & objectives
- Ultimate ownership and development of the operations forecasting and reporting models, providing governance and insight over these and then presenting outputs to senior management
- Ownership and accountability for forecasting, budgeting and reporting of Revenue and EBITDA for areas of responsibility, understanding all elements of performance to ensure accuracy and effective decisions can be made over this
- Ownership of balance sheet and cashflow performance
- Be aware & involved in any significant change, investments or transformation initiatives across Operations.
- Proactively identify, prioritise & deliver continuous improvement within all aspects of Finance
- Ad hoc projects and involvement to support the wider Finance team
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Experience of managing a team with the ability to develop and challenge
- Ability to work both at a detailed and strategic level transitioning between in-depth reviews with team members and then producing high level summary for senior management
- Commercially minded
- Ability to influence business decisions at senior executive level by demonstrating a detailed understanding of the business and communicating effectively
- Drive and manage change
- Excellent communications skills at all levels of the business
- Strong decision support skills and experience
- Manage conflicting demands across a number of different areas and able to prioritise own time
What's on offer: This is a key hire for this organisation and has a salary and benefits package to reflect this. £75K plus package